Very good quality optics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Very good quality optics

Post by Bullzeye »

Fazan wrote:Last time I checked exporting optics from US to individuals anywhere, including Canada was restricted if not prohibited, ever since 9/11. Not saying nobody would do that, but most I looked at wouldn't.
Also, if they ship by UPS expect to pay brokerage fees.
If I remember correctly you only need an export permit for firearm optics, not for bino's or monocular's

I like Vortex products, nice glass at an affordable price.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bullzeye wrote:

Yes I just checked it out, and HST is extra. so finally cost would be $197.74 Cdn.

I found a better deal at B+H Photo/Video $109.99 US - $145.64 Cdn. + free shipping to Canada, includes free bonus gift (Fenix Flashlight FEE01BBK LED Flashlight)

Of course with duties, etc + HST and PayPal fees, it comes to $132.71US / $180.91 Cdn.
And don't forget brokerage fee's, especially if it's shipped by courier like UPS or Fed Ex
Yes, being shipped by courier, normally that is a concern, however in this case the $132.71 US price includes a fee of $22.72 to take care of Duties + VAT. So total cost to me is $180.91 Cdn. and that includes being gouged by PayPal's currency exchange and credit card fees.

Details of Duty Charges
Disbursement:$0.59
Brokerage:$1.56
Duties & Tax:$5.22
Security & Handling:$1.05
HST:$14.30
Total:$22.72
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

All those fees do add up quick that's for sure
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:I have a couple of good binoculars but I've been looking for something more compact that's easier to handle, still have good optical quality and I didn't want to sacrifice field of view that binoculars give.
I just got a Vortex Solo monocular in 10X36. It is bright and really easy to use with just one hand. They are quite affordable! If you're looking for some hunting optics and don't want to let too many moths out of your wallet, check these out. At 9.7 oz, they are going into the field with me!
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vor ... -monocular
They should make rangefinder in those too all in 1 at affordable price...
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

When you think about it, range finders are monocular, scopes are monocular, spotting scopes...etc. etc. Only seems reasonable that a monocular like that would be easy to use and less bulky, since our eyes are already accustomed to looking through these types of devices. Just my .02C for what is is worth
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Ive used one, and I find that if I can keep both eyes open while looking through it I have no problem, but if try to look through it with only one eye open my eye fatigues quickly.
So if you normally use only one eye using a scope, you may find you get eye fatigue using a monocular, the reason being that you use the monocular for longer periods of time than you would with a scope.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone