HAA Optimizer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chuckinator

HAA Optimizer

Post by chuckinator »

Recently got one and just getting around to setting it up on my TenPoint Turbo II. I have a Grizzly but thought the Optimizer would be better served on a faster Xbow. Sighted it in at 20 but it's been too windy here in Phoenix for the 60 yard sight in. I will update when I finish. The only problem I had was it wouldn't tighten down on the TenPoint scope rail. I emailed HHA and told them the issue. they sent me a new clamp thingy(don't know what you call it) which the screws go thru and tighten down on the rail. It was identical to the original one so I guess they didn't understand the issue. I used two washers, 1 for ea. screw) and got it to tighten down. Has anyone else had this problem?? Or did I not do it correctly. Its a standard 7/8ths weaver rail that's stock equipment on TenPoints.
very strange that I had to adapt it to fit ?!
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"
TPM

Re: HAA Optimizer

Post by TPM »

Can't answer your question regarding your mounting issue but as an HHA user myself I would say they're better served on slower bows where the arrow has more drop and yardage estimation is more critical. Just my 2cents.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

I just put an Optimizer on my Bulldog 400 rail and it fit without a problem.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

thanks for the response. I put it on the Tenpoint turbo xlt and with the Black Eagle executioners it at about 337 fps., so its not all that fast. the Grizzly avg. about 290, with the diablos. I may try it on both and see.
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"