Diablo 18" carbon arrows & Matrix strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hammondai

Diablo 18" carbon arrows & Matrix strings

Post by hammondai »

Hi All,

I am a UK crossbow enthusiast and therefore find it quite a bit harder to get certain parts for my crossbow etc.

I have so far found two problems with my Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout.

1) The rear inserts of my arrows keep getting damaged, I have been making sure the arrows are inserted correctly and flush to the back of the string. But no matter what I do randomly and occasionally the arrows rear insert will be a chunk missing from the flat inserts. Any advice??

2) My matrix strings seem to last a lot shorter than advertised and after around 30 shots I can see significant damage (I have been through two strings in under a month now) The damage on the center serving of the string seems to be in line with the two trigger holders. Are my trigger holders sharper than they should be or something? Please help.

Thanks
janesy

Re: Diablo 18" carbon arrows & Matrix strings

Post by janesy »

1) possibly is your riser slightly elevated above the rail? Taking a bite out of it on each shot.

2) inspect your trigger latches for burs or rough spots
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Eck

Post by Eck »

I don't know if the 380 has the brace height marks on the rail (I don't have one), but my Micro does, and when new it had rough edges that cut the serving in just a dozen shots.

I used some crocus cloth backed with a soft piece of rubber to use as a sanding block. Polish back and forth (the same direction the arrow moves on the rail) until you can run a cotton ball across the marks without grabbing any fibers. It will make a big difference. The operation is easier to perform if you take the riser off the bow to do this. Mine went back together without a zero change - so don't fret about taking it down for repairs.

Excalibur seems to have made a concerted effort to polish up the trigger mechanisms of late, so I'm not sure that is your root cause. Do the "Cotton Ball" test on your rail to confirm.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

If your rear nocks are damaged stop shooting at the same spot with more then one arrow!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen