Vortex Viper XBR & parallax adjustment

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: Vortex Viper XBR & parallax adjustment

Post by wildcatter »

cheek weld has absolutely nothing to do with parallax, if yer head is center of the scope that is all that matters, 30 yards shooting the most extreme accuracy game in the world,,, NBRSA benchrest,,, I have found you won't find the top shooters in the world with their cheeks glued to their stocks at the bench,,, this is a tactic that speed shooters require to get on target quick, but you are correct, on a bench in a solid rest, PA is vital, I will assure being warm and comfortable and not shivering, and practicing off hand all season long is critically more important in that tree than a 40 50 even 100 yard parallax setting in the XBR,,, I own 2 trust me they work if eye is in the center of the scope, even if not if you can hold it steady!

For crossbow benchrest where .oo_" is the difference between wining and loosing you have a point,,, in any other situation, it's irrelevant!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Shadytree

Re: Vortex Viper XBR & parallax adjustment

Post by Shadytree »

I don't understand why this is such a contested topic.
What parallax adjustment does in put your reticle on the same plane as your target. If it is not on the same plane then you have to focus on either the reticle or the target, cause it ain't gonna to be both. This problem is somewhat alleviated by lower magnification.
If you don't have an issue with it that's fine. For me the XBR was unusable from the factory. Nothing that 3 minutes and strap wrench couldn't fix though.