Does Anyone Shoot FMJ's Out Of Their Micro 335?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

Does Anyone Shoot FMJ's Out Of Their Micro 335?

Post by StormDragon »

I'm bouncing the idea around about getting some to try and was wondering if anyone shoots them or has tried and your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
longbow joe

Re: Does Anyone Shoot FMJ's Out Of Their Micro 335?

Post by longbow joe »

I have there really tough n heavy in order to get the correct or best foc you have to use a heavy head at least 150 grain .easton makes a seperate brass insert for the shaft which will help if your using a lighter head. In all honesty i have moved on to a zombie slayer with a 110 grain insert and a125 head i think the zombies are just as tough and fly more accurate than a fmj. I have been a lifetime easton arrow user n found it hard to jump ship but when you try something n it works better you change. ...just my opinion lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

I have a couple dozen FMJ "bolts". Some fletched with Fusion vanes, some with SK-300s. I've shot them out of a Matrix 355 and a Middleton 375 SS (with hot limbs... it shoots almost 385 with a 350 grain arrow).

They're alright. Honestly, I prefer plain old 2219s instead though. In my experience, the FMJs break more easily than the 2219s. The FMJs are a tiny bit more consistent in flight, but not enough to make a practical difference while hunting.

I just picked up 14 2219s pre-made with Easton 3.75" vanes, plastic flat nocks, and easton aluminum inserts. They were on sale for $2.70 apiece. Can't beat that price... so I bought all they had in the store. Shooting them I wound up with about 3" groups using a 175 grain head at 40 yards. Good enough for me, and way cheaper than FMJs!

Anyhow, good luck to you.
~E
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ekkis right i used to love the 2219s there actually really tough . Also they fly best with a 150 grain up front or better 14 grains per inch needs that kind of foc
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.