Hoisting a crossbow up to a treestand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Hoisting a crossbow up to a treestand

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:I know my climbers, if you tried one of mine, that Summit would be at the flea market. :lol:
Just kidding. I hunt high, not on drugs, Hugh up. Leveling stands are the Bomb.
I really have not had trouble leveling a Summit but i can adjust cables by sitting in my seat and carefully adjust it ..but they made the clips so you cannot do it now ...Thru practice i know the angle i need when in put it on tree..

Summit for me is best other than I wish all stands weighted 10 pds ..lol...I do sleep in my Summit and woke up at 11;20 am ,my contacts were dry on my eyes everything blurry..looked to my left and there was 8 point buck 20 yards..Grabbed my recurve ,arrow and shot buck all with blurry eyes i could hardly see...

there is no stand better than Summits so far that i can see for many reasons,lone wolfs are not good also for many reasons other than they are light to carry that is where Summits are not good but other reasonsout weight it ..
Then looked to my right and hunter sitting about 25 yds from me smoking a cigarette ...
Storys I could tell..Summit is using my sound deadening idea now called SD...

As for crossbow holder by thirdhand archery too much weight on the climber for me my arms would be wore out....I lay the bow accorss my arm rests nice feature by summit bow is always ready.if tired i hang it onhook on tree..lowering it too ground is not problem but pulling it up is burns my hands at times ...
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Can someone with the 3rd hand bow holder post a few pics of it from different views?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

When I get back home in a few days I will.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Bullzeye wrote:Can someone with the 3rd hand bow holder post a few pics of it from different views?

THA has video on their site showing it somewhat...adding 7 lbs to my top section of my Summit do not know if that is good idea while climbing I see his idea here comes Buck and you are climbing tree so you are ready..I have not had that happen in archery season BUT has happened in gun season...

I use pouch on my summit with lift rope to bow and its marked for 15 ft high.When i get to 15 ft and see mark i am there.Attached to rope is my bow..I do put a rubber bicycle tire tube cut over scope pulling up/down tree as when it hits ground it may turn over and hit rock or brush..

this is where THA bow clip is nice looking at it from that view ...No chance of hurting your scope hitting anything or your gun same way...I just do not like weight on upper seat part of my Summit climbing etc ..

I do not care if bow is on side of stand while sitting nice thing about Summit is it has rails for safety and rest your arms sitting ..You can lay your bow accross rails READY for your Buck ..Too much movement can spook Buck and too much sticking out on your stands can too even at 15/18 ft high....Not saying the THA is not good idea i never tried it maybe he will send me one to TRY if i ask him....

going up tree with CROSSBOW i do not like with recurve YES on top section of climber but not crossbow too heavy .having your bow handy may be only reason i would buy it while sitting and i could do that but laying my bow accross rail while sitting with Summit is ticket....
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

xcaliber wrote:When I get back home in a few days I will.
Great thanks, I watched the vid and looked at the pic, but it's not so clear
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well I do have another picture to post, but it is too dang hot to haul the stand out to hang up for the next few days. Here is one with the Matrix 355 hanging out in front of the stand which is nice when you're munching on a sandwich, or filling the "Pee" Bottle. :shock: I'll try to get some more up pretty soon. I just got one in for my Drone, and have to figure out where to mount it.

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... p.jpg.html]Image
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I am very interested in this third hand universal holder. Will this mount to the base of a Lone Wolf Alpha Hang On?

Any pictures from different angles would be helpful! From what I can see the crossbow is held by one limb?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:Well I do have another picture to post, but it is too dang hot to haul the stand out to hang up for the next few days. Here is one with the Matrix 355 hanging out in front of the stand which is nice when you're munching on a sandwich, or filling the "Pee" Bottle. :shock: I'll try to get some more up pretty soon. I just got one in for my Drone, and have to figure out where to mount it.

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... p.jpg.html]Image
Here in pa you cannot put hook in live tree to hang your bow most do anyhow..so that could be plus ...I use block of wood with racket strap on tree..

yes more pictures would be nice from different views..
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

Bullzeye wrote:
xcaliber wrote:When I get back home in a few days I will.
Great thanks, I watched the vid and looked at the pic, but it's not so clear
Did you see this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fHEqGyLD_4
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

The You-Tube video was very helpful. Looks like this product would work well for me so I just ordered a few from Third Hand to give them a try!
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Yes I seen the vid, but still hoping someone posts close up pics, I won't lie, I want the close up pics so I can make my own, I lost my job this summer so there is no way to buy one, and it looks fairly easy to make, just need to know how off set those pins are.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Bullseye, PM your address. I'll send you the new one I have and swap my old one over to the new stand. Consider it a long term loan. :wink:
Hope better days are heading your way!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Very nice offer Dan, and I thank you for your generosity, but I'm stupidly proud and just could not accept it, but would love few close up pics of it
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I get that, and fully respect your ideals. I'll try to get as many pics. and dimensions as possible to you when this darn heat wave ends. The hardest part in my opinion will be bending the holder shape, but if you have a small shop at home, and a torch handy, you can do it. The holder is rubber coated, and there might be some commercial shrink tubing that would fit the bill.
I'm tied up with the "wedding planners" tonight, and catching up on home stuff this weekend, heading out of town Tuesday for another fun filled field job, but I'll try to get something up soon.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

No rush, whenever you get the time
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone