Heads Up Shotgunner's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Heads Up Shotgunner's

Post by xcaliber »

If you use Sabot's in your shotgun, start getting your inventory NOW! I recently got a Savage 220 bolt action slugger. I have purchased the last few boxes of Remington Accutips, and Hornady Superformance from 3 local shops. They are all on the wait list for more. I also bought on the internet only to have two orders cancelled for lack of inventory. I don't know specifically what is going on, but don't wait too long folks!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Re: Heads Up Shotgunner's

Post by janesy »

Thanks for the heads up! We'll see a product release up here... Along with he price increase that typically goes with it lol
Can't beat the accutip in the 220 though. Shoot out the lights
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, but mine liked the Hornady's pretty good as well. I got .3" difference at 100 yards between them vertically with the Hornady's hitting a tad higher. It is 250 grains where as the Accutips are 260 grains. I find it is always good to qualify two or more types of ammo, just in case! :wink:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Yes for sure.
Funny you mention the hornady over the Remingtons. I have consistently found hornady to group higher with all calibers. I will say, and I'm a huge Remington fan, that Big Greens guns might go up and down in quality, but their ammo is always spot on.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, honestly I'm not picking one over the other, but both are capable in my Savage, and both will be in my gun box. If one, or the other is not available, I'm OK with either one. Sorry for misleading you on that J. :roll:
janesy

Post by janesy »

No no, I'd agree. They don't group worse in my experience, just always higher.

We found the only ammo that wasn't worth shooting from the 220, was the black bow Winchester sabots. I don't recall the name, maybe XP? But they were designed like a big hollow point. They were acceptable, considering its a shotgun. But not anywhere near the consistency of the accutip. Anyhow, I could go on and on. After all that testing for the 220s in the group, I ended up dropping my deer with a 10 year old 2 3/4 federal blue box slug from my smooth bore 870.. sometime tried and true never goes out of style.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

ive had good luck with the Winchester gold and platinum partion slugs. my favorite is no longer made Federal Barnes slugs but i have a few boxs to carry me a little while. Ables has Remmys http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/remingt ... 04860.html
8ball

Post by 8ball »

Just bought 10 boxes from here:
http://www.lg-outdoors.com/products.asp?cat=12545
very fast shipping and not to bad of a price,says they have a bunch on hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm stocked up now too. Had the local gun shop order some, and mail ordered the Hornady Superformance, I'm set for the season, and maybe next! :lol: