Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Anyone using Ramcats?

Post by newbie »

nchunterkw wrote:
Robfromga wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:You guys are making me need those.. lol
Need is the opportune word.
Jeff, they really do fly good. Even better than my Slick Tricks did. I think it has to do with the way the ferrule is cupped. It helps with turbulence and with penetration by forcing tissue and fluid away from the wound channel as it goes through reducing drag. Search them on You tube. Tons of videos.

They are a little big though. They fit in an Excal quiver but just barely
The 125s fit Keith? I have a pack i got on a trade last year i havent opened yet. I have been using the Swhackers with great success. I need to buy more Swhackers if i want to use them again but have tons of heads at home i want to use.
Its between them and the 100 grain grizztricks. I like the grizz but havent spent too much time at longer distances with them but planning on it next few weeks along with maybe the ramcats.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Newbie the 125 gr. heads fit but they are tight you have to snap in right at the connector on quiver an slide up. I'm using the 100gr.head with the 125 blade for inch and half cut diameter
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !

Post by newbie »

Buszone wrote:Newbie the 125 gr. heads fit but they are tight you have to snap in right at the connector on quiver an slide up. I'm using the 100gr.head with the 125 blade for inch and half cut diameter
Thanks.... I may have to open them up unless Jeff wants to trade for some spitfires :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Buszone wrote:Newbie the 125 gr. heads fit but they are tight you have to snap in right at the connector on quiver an slide up. I'm using the 100gr.head with the 125 blade for inch and half cut diameter
Yep, exactly what Don said...snap them into the rubber then slide fwd. And you have to turn them to get the right angle. But you can fit 4 in the quiver.

Either you or Jeff give 'em a fly and let us know what you find
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><

Post by newbie »

nchunterkw wrote:
Yep, exactly what Don said...snap them into the rubber then slide fwd. And you have to turn them to get the right angle. But you can fit 4 in the quiver.

Either you or Jeff give 'em a fly and let us know what you find
No problem, i may give em a spin!
Its how i put all my arrows into the micros quiver anyway, bbeing shorter i find it easier
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:
Thanks.... I may have to open them up unless Jeff wants to trade for some spitfires :lol:
I have some used spitfires for trade. Only went through one deer and a Bear.. lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm intrigued by these and all the positive feedback. I've got brand new 3 packs of Toxic Broadheads in both 100gr and 125gr weights. Just for testing sake I'd be willing to do a straight trade, Toxics for Ramcats.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

paulaboutform wrote:I'm intrigued by these and all the positive feedback. I've got brand new 3 packs of Toxic Broadheads in both 100gr and 125gr weights. Just for testing sake I'd be willing to do a straight trade, Toxics for Ramcats.

Paul
Offer up that 355 to sweeten the deal Paul...... come on now be fair :shock: :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:I'm intrigued by these and all the positive feedback. I've got brand new 3 packs of Toxic Broadheads in both 100gr and 125gr weights. Just for testing sake I'd be willing to do a straight trade, Toxics for Ramcats.

Paul
Offer up that 355 to sweeten the deal Paul...... come on now be fair :shock: :mrgreen:
What the!!! It's still on the way to
To BC.... lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
newbie wrote:

Paul
What the!!! It's still on the way to
To BC.... lol
Well if he wants to trade the 355 for my ramcats..... I have no problems shipping them before he can ship me the bow,,,, I trust him :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Dam I ,ll trade you a weed eater or brush trimmer and a stainless thermos for the ramcats!! Delivered!! :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

How many of you have had the Ramcats shoot the same point of impact as the field points?
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick

Post by newbie »

mr meat wrote:Dam I ,ll trade you a weed eater or brush trimmer and a stainless thermos for the ramcats!! Delivered!! :D
:lol: no storage or transportation costs eh.?..
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

125 grain Ramcats shoot same poi as my field points to 50 yards have not tried farther . This is with a 380 Matrix ,using 18 inch zombie slayers with a brass insert in the front and aluminum insert in the rear , blazer vanes... I think the total arrow weight is around 445 grains . Only 1 kill with these arrows so far , a 50 yard coyote .Arrow never recovered /
Robfromga

Post by Robfromga »

Big Pard wrote:How many of you have had the Ramcats shoot the same point of impact as the field points?
I have with the compound, haven't tried with a xbow yet...waiting on my 125s. With a compound, the Ramcats shave the fletching off the fieldpoint arrows as they group. So yeah, same POI