Speed vs Limb Life....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

Speed vs Limb Life....

Post by Big Pard »

First let me start out by saying that I firmly believe that Excalibur is the best crossbow.... PERIOD! What I have noticed is that there seems to be more limb issues as we move closer to 400fps and size down the bows (MICRO). Am I missing something or have we about maxed out what a recurve crossbow can achieve with the current materials used in making them? Back when the Equinox and Exomax where top speedsters I don't seem to remember there being as many cracked limbs or other failures that I am reading about these days.

This is just food for thought and I may be completely wrong (which wouldn't be the first time).
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
longbow joe

Re: Speed vs Limb Life....

Post by longbow joe »

Think about it ....everything in life speed related has a cost .turbos,nitrous,compression,cams, rifles that are so fast that they burn out barrels ,why does a bass boat need to do 90. but the faster things in life just seem to be a lot more fun..... its been dead reliable so far but Im very aware that my first generation micro can blow its top any minute ... but i got another bow in the truck just in case !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

After hunting a few days with my Micro 335 I love it's compact size and lightweight. I was just thinking about the limb issues with some micros and some of the faster xbows today. I don't seem to ever remember hearing this about the Exo series. Please don't get me wrong as I am not intending on bashing the Matrix/Micro series. I was just making an observation.

Excalibur is one of the few crossbows or products for that matter that you almost never hear a negative comment about. That's why I was finding it odd to hear about limb failures "so much" recently.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I deleted my info as Joe C will take it to other forums and use it to bash excal..So if anyone wants to discuss this topic drop me PM....tHANKS..
Last edited by sproulman on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Just think of them little short micro limbs taking all that presure makes me cringe. I remember when the little tiny bear 48inch mini mag came out in the seventies they were blowin up left n right but mine never did i still have it 40 years later n still shoot it. Ask anthony what they say in north jersey .......wait for it...wait for it...ah!........... Foorgetaboutit .Any way pardon your adicted to the forum like us soon you will have a bunch of slow n fast excaliburs to choose from because one is just not enough lol .lbj
Last edited by longbow joe on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

longbow joe wrote:Just think of them little short micro limbs taking all that presure makes me cringe. I remember when the little tiny bear 48inch mini mag came out in the seventies they were blowin up left n right but mine never did i still have it 40 years later n still shoot it. Ask anthony what they say in north jersey .......wait for it...wait for it...ah!........... Foorgetaboutit .
HAHAHAHA

That reminds me I have to ship Anthony a box of Cottonmouths since he says he has none up there. One just can't truly appreciate bow season without seeing a few of those lil rascals... :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:Think about it ....everything in life speed related has a cost .turbos,nitrous,compression,cams, rifles that are so fast that they burn out barrels ,why does a bass boat need to do 90. but the faster things in life just seem to be a lot more fun..... its been dead reliable so far but Im very aware that my first generation micro can blow its top any minute ... but i got another bow in the truck just in case !
X2. I think the closer to the edge you get the more likely to get cut. In Exo series bows, if you didn't dry fire, you didn't have limb problem, pretty much period, and with right string they stood up to dry fire fairly well. I understand the desire for compact size but it comes with s price.we thought at the time some of the older bows were hard to cock too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: after you cock and shoot your Micro a while , go shoot an Exocet. You will think you are on vacation! Just my thoughts
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I think the problem is that the number of bows the last few years produced has doubled . But in reality the number of limb failures has not . Back in the days of the Exomag we were not using the social media like now .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Doe Master wrote:I think the problem is that the number of bows the last few years produced has doubled . But in reality the number of limb failures has not . Back in the days of the Exomag we were not using the social media like now .
....ah the benefits/curse of social media!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Doe Master wrote:I think the problem is that the number of bows the last few years produced has doubled . But in reality the number of limb failures has not . Back in the days of the Exomag we were not using the social media like now .
Bingo!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Can't comment??? Have had 2 380's fer 3 years, thousands of shot's, and no failures,, I had a splinter 3 tears ago on the Mad Max,, well over 1000 shots later them same limbs are still on it, it is still driving tacks and droppen deer,,,, I have spare limbs fer the Mad Max and the Lynx,,, don't know why bit I got em?

I have changed limbs on all my bows and replaced them back to find all still shooting dead on without need to readjust the scopes,,,, out to 40 yards anyways, so if the need ever comes about, I will know what to expect.

I also believe there was a bad batch as there was a pile of failures but that has disappeared and the bows are still out there and in bigger numbers than when that happened. So a combination of a lot more bows on the market, much more public awareness between social media and the internet, and we know for a fact there were false reports from those that don't even own one,,, we have nothing to worry about that every archer wouldn't have.

Finally one has to realize and it should be common sense from the number of members on this single brand exclusive forum,,,,, no other company comes close to the number of bows in use as Excalibur!! When you have 3 bows to compare to 300 I would expect more problems,,, but the fact are the there are far fewer percentage wise than any other brand!! Plus no other brand can be found talked about on public forums,,, think about it!! Our forum or generic forums,,,,, I like that,,, Generic,,, what do you shoot,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

wildcatter wrote:Can't comment??? Have had 2 380's fer 3 years, thousands of shot's, and no failures,, I had a splinter 3 tears ago on the Mad Max,, well over 1000 shots later them same limbs are still on it, it is still driving tacks and droppen deer,,,, I have spare limbs fer the Mad Max and the Lynx,,, don't know why bit I got em?

I have changed limbs on all my bows and replaced them back to find all still shooting dead on without need to readjust the scopes,,,, out to 40 yards anyways, so if the need ever comes about, I will know what to expect.

I also believe there was a bad batch as there was a pile of failures but that has disappeared and the bows are still out there and in bigger numbers than when that happened. So a combination of a lot more bows on the market, much more public awareness between social media and the internet, and we know for a fact there were false reports from those that don't even own one,,, we have nothing to worry about that every archer wouldn't have.

Finally one has to realize and it should be common sense from the number of members on this single brand exclusive forum,,,,, no other company comes close to the number of bows in use as Excalibur!! When you have 3 bows to compare to 300 I would expect more problems,,, but the fact are the there are far fewer percentage wise than any other brand!! Plus no other brand can be found talked about on public forums,,, think about it!! Our forum or generic forums,,,,, I like that,,, Generic,,, what do you shoot,,,,,, :wink:
I realize that wildcatter. The forum has always been Excal exclusive and I love that. One think that I have noticed when perusing other forums is that no one has a negative thing to say about Excalibur. Whether its a Generic forum or Ours everyone knows that Excalibur is the best. I have never disputed that. All I am saying is that it appears to me that those having limb issues seem to either be shooting the higher speed bows or Micros. Perhaps you are right that not all the limb failure reports are true.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick