Anyone have this happen?/ Broken scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jc1

Anyone have this happen?/ Broken scope

Post by Jc1 »

I pulled out my Axiom yesterday and took my first practice shot of the year, and the whole windage aparatus fell completely out of my scope. The bow has never been banged and is kept in a gun safe. It's not just the cap but the whole aparatus that the cap screws into where you can see inside the scope. The scope never seemed right even when new. It wouldn't click when you adjusted it, but I was able to adjust it and it stayed sighted in so I never thought much of it. It is the original 2.5X32 that came with the Axiom package.

I'm not griping, I called Excalibur and then I didn't have a cell signal and a lady left me a message and I'm in the process of speaking with the warranty dept. and it sounds promising I can get this fixed or replaced. I was just curious if anyone has ever had this happen to them?
Normous

Re: Anyone have this happen?/ Broken scope

Post by Normous »

No worries, go to the above post titled:

"If you have a warranty issue please read this first!"
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

I'd like to say that Excalibur/Draves archery went above and beyond and replaced my scope with a better scope. I was just hoping they would fix my broken one since I have no knowledge whatsoever with scopes. Wasn't expecting a new one.
Also, they were much faster shipping it back to me than I was in shipping it out to them.
I mounted the new scope on my bow and will sight it in this weekend.
The only downside...............I have had this bow for 2 years and have yet to fire a shot with it on any type of game. Wouldn't you know it, opening morning of bow season, I dropped the biggest hog I have ever seen with my backup bow, my old Horton Yukon.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I wish you good luck with your Excalibur!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family