Human Scents scares deer - old wives tale???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ferguson Outfitters

Re: Human Scents scares deer - old wives tale???

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

There was a recent Texas A&M study that concluded all urine is the same to deer.

I think that study might be skewed by corn feeders.

My nose ain't as good as a deer but I can tell if piss is from a deer,cat, bear, human, or k9.

I do still pee in a container but have proof it don't matter.

We all have our quirks and beliefs.
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

I keep my hunting cloths in a big plastic tub with cedar limbs in the bottom year around. No telling how old some of my hunting clothes are, they've been in there for years. I wash them once a year in scent free soap and they still smell like cedar when they come out of the wash and I take my clothes off after a hunt as soon as I can and put them back in with the cedar limbs.
I regularly have deer at 10 yards or less and more than once I've had one rub on the bottom of my ladder stand just like those ozonics commercials.
I promise you if you try this it will work and I'm not trying to sell you anything :D

The best way is to just put fresh cedar (or I'm sure many kinds) in the bottom of one of those plastic storage tubs from wal-mart. I then have a small piece of plywood I put on the cedar to keep the prickly cedar from getting in my clothes and then lay my cloths and hat on top.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Now you smell like an environmentally friendly human.

I keep my duds in the back of my closed truck bed with blocks of record rack wildberry. I smell like a candied human.

Some folk smell like smoked human, k9 human, turpentine human, and so forth.