NAP SPITFIRE MADE IN CHINA ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

NAP SPITFIRE MADE IN CHINA ?

Post by confederate »

I noticed that the Spitfire maxx crossbow heads from Dicks sporting goods say country of origin China. The non crossbow spitfire maxx say country of origin United States. Anyone know what all that's about ? I have been using the ones from China and the have all been fine but I'm curious if this is just from Dicks or everywhere you buy them. I emailed NAP a week ago but haven't received a reply.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
sproulman

Re: NAP SPITFIRE MADE IN CHINA ?

Post by sproulman »

My new Nap crossbow spitfires i got on friday are made in usa..Only point that from NAP that is sold out at wal-mart every year even with new designs is SPITFIRE and its more expensive than others too...
galamb

Post by galamb »

The NAP Blood Runners have been made in China for years.

Sometimes the only way to keep the costs "competitive" is to make "some product" offshore.

Even Buck Knives which prided itself in it's "made in USA" sticker has since outsourced a good deal of their line and now you see new stickers that say "assembled in USA" from foreign and domestic products/parts/components.

If NAP stands behind their product, I don't really care "where" it's made from a quality point of view. The "made in" doesn't guarantee quality anymore, but it sure makes a difference in the price point...

A couple of years back NAP was bought out by some equity firm. When it was "family owned" (like G5 is) they cared about "quality". Now I suspect they care about "financial returns"...
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have,a pack of 125 crossbows from dicks this year says usa made .ln their website it does say china i think its wrong. Its hard to find a true made in usa broadhead
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

Vantage Point Archery CNC Machines their broadheads in the USA.
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

You knowed its the pits when a Company jus up n lies about where their Bheads be made at. Plus the prices they charge fer the Chinese made ones is deplorable n their bigger profits. So after i get done wid the 3 swhackers n the 10 Spitfires. I will find a well made fixed blade i can use n pay the price fer them n be done wid it!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

my 1996 spitfires weight 103 grs ..new crossbow ones weight 106 grs are built a little tougher on points the 1996 points tips were real pointy the crossbow ones are not as pointy they are tougher looking and most likely reason of 3 grs difference ..
rep at nap said he uses cooking oil on his blades back at screw area i guess maybe it opens smoother this way it was only his tip to me not companies ...

all points weighted same pretty much between 2..i did notice that 103 gr tip will shoot off 1 inch to left from 106 gr point ...this is really no info to use as who has brand new points from 1996 ?lol...