It's Always An Adventure

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheBig1

It's Always An Adventure

Post by TheBig1 »

So yesterday, Thursday, I planned to go hunting after work. I came into work an hour early at 0630, and planned on leaving at 1500 to head out. I figured that I'd be changed and in the stand by 1600. First of all, understand that I am in no way a morning person. I don't think that I truly wake up and become fully aware of my surroundings until around 1000 at the earliest.

Well I get out of work and head to my buddy's house who lives at the bottom of the mountain that I hunt. Change behind my truck and get everything situated. Now I have to drive up to the top of the mountain and over towards his cabin which is located on the other side of the mountain. The trip should take about 30 minutes. So off I go and I pull into my parking spot.

I am doing everything right. Closing the door nicely and then pushing to make sure that it's latched quietly. Dropping my tailgate ever so quietly and readying my gear.

Ok, everything's ready, time to put the gear on. Gotta close the tailgate, SHHH, be quiet! I close the tailgate and before I walk off I hear a sound, it sounded like, "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" So I thought what in the world is that? I look around my truck and my rear tire is going flat with a hole in it.

SLAMMM! on the tailgate, throw my gear everywhere and fly down the mountain trying to get to my buddy's before it goes completely flat. I made it about 8/10ths of the way there before I realized that I was driving on the rim and tire. I had about a mile to go so I just kept going.

LOL It's just funny, I can't ever win. I'd be happy to break even at times.

I know that you're wondering so, we pumped it up, found the hole, plugged it with 2 plugs, and I rolled home to hunt another day.

But again, it's just my luck.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
GrassyKnoll

Re: It's Always An Adventure

Post by GrassyKnoll »

That stinks for sure... Murphy is always around the corner..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Murphy don't like Hunters
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:Murphy don't like Hunters

....'tis true! :shock: :roll: :lol:

....Things can only look up from here!

....I hope you didn't pray for calmness and low blood pressure because the Lord might have thought you said "low tire pressure!" :mrgreen: :roll:

Anthony :?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Murphy don't like Hunters

....'tis true! :shock: :roll: :lol:

....Things can only look up from here!

....I hope you didn't pray for calmness and low blood pressure because the Lord might have thought you said "low tire pressure!" :mrgreen: :roll:

Anthony :?
No doubt Anthony. I think He's testing me once again. LOL

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I'm not sure how much help I can be in your search for an explanation for your event.

Anyway, just how far away from Boo do you live?

I don't think he ever did say how many frozen coyote carcasses he received last winter. It's possible he may remember your involvement.....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I try to hunt at least 3 days during the work week but as you mentioned its always a struggle to make it .when the time changes at the end of the month it gets even harder.everyone thinks being self employed you just do as you please and go hunting. Theres a certain amount of work that has to get done during the day to maintain income and keep customers happy . Its always a struggle to get out and hunt but when im in stand at 430 after a half hour the world goes away and all the getting up a little earlier and rushing to get there melts away. I was raised catholic and believe in god but as far as im concerned the woods is my true church and to take a few hours off during the month and skipping out early is a blessing.you cant get a big buck at work .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.