New here just saying hi

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lunghit

New here just saying hi

Post by lunghit »

Hello just wanted to stop in and say hi. I have been a long time Archerytalk member and vertical bow shooter but due to a torn Bicep tendon this past year I decided if I wanted to deer hunt this season I should try a crossbow. I really have never thought about buying a crossbow before. I had nothing against them but always stuck with verticals for almost 30 years. I bought a Tenpoint in August and was hooked/addicted right away. Of course I needed a back up and after research went with the Excalibur 350LE. What an awesome bow. I am thinking of selling the Tenpoint after the season and buying a second Excal. Absolutely nothing wrong with the TP but I just like the recurves better.
One thing I can't get over is the accuracy of crossbows. The ability to hit a small target with ease at long distances is a huge confidence builder. Never even close with vertical bows.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
amythntr

Re: New here just saying hi

Post by amythntr »

.....WELCOME ABOARD Lunghit! You have provided a "classic text book" of what a first post should be!....not sure why you say, "don't laugh" about being from NY as I'm right next door in The People's Republic of NJ!

....Great to have you as part of the Excalibur forum...a lot to learn here so stick around, enjoy your new Excalibur and do get rid of that 10 Point....

.....looks like you have some fine upgrade equipment on there with the upgraded optics, Triggertech Trigger and Danny Miller's Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers....

....Hopefully we will be seeing a lot more "lunghits" in future postings!

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome and great looking bow!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome aboard, sweet looking rig you have there.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

xcaliber wrote: sweet looking rig you have there.
My thoughts exactly. Welcome.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

amythntr wrote:.....WELCOME ABOARD Lunghit! You have provided a "classic text book" of what a first post should be!....not sure why you say, "don't laugh" about being from NY as I'm right next door in The People's Republic of NJ!

....Great to have you as part of the Excalibur forum...a lot to learn here so stick around, enjoy your new Excalibur and do get rid of that 10 Point....

.....looks like you have some fine upgrade equipment on there with the upgraded optics, Triggertech Trigger and Danny Miller's Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers....

Thanks Anthony. Upstate NY is beautiful and I plan on retiring there but I wish I can change the taxes and politicians here. The state has potential to be a lot more than it is.
Yes I bought from Wyvern and decided to use the best I can buy. Real happy with my set up.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

lunghit wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....WELCOME ABOARD Lunghit! You have provided a "classic text book" of what a first post should be!....not sure why you say, "don't laugh" about being from NY as I'm right next door in The People's Republic of NJ!

Thanks Anthony. Upstate NY is beautiful and I plan on retiring there but I wish I can change the taxes and politicians here. The state has potential to be a lot more than it is.
Yes I bought from Wyvern and decided to use the best I can buy. Real happy with my set up.
....I once owned property in Rensselaerville, NY...off of exit 21 on the parkway bordering Westerloo....had 25 acres...was thinking of retiring there also...sold it when my special needs daughter was born 20 years ago....

....I agree on the politicians and the taxes, etc....I am now looking to retire somewhere in PA, around Wayne county where the politicians and taxes are more favorable (heck it is a concealed carry state....whats wrong with that besides nothing)....with the help of the Good Lord it will be about 6 years away!

Again welcome aboard and you did very well with your Excalibur selection and upgrades...If you have not done so already, I would suggest that you pick up a Danny Miller stringer, and arrow puller....you might want to also pick up a couple of extra strings. Danny Miller runs Horizontal Archery in Sardis, OH....Danny doesn't do emails or have a website....he can be reached at 1.740.483.2312. He is a wonderful person and we know him as Dr Danny because he knows EVERYTHING EXCALIBUR!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

amythntr wrote:
lunghit wrote:

....I once owned property in Rensselaerville, NY...off of exit 21 on the parkway bordering Westerloo....had 25 acres...was thinking of retiring there also...sold it when my special needs daughter was born 20 years ago....

....I agree on the politicians and the taxes, etc....I am now looking to retire somewhere in PA, around Wayne county where the politicians and taxes are more favorable (heck it is a concealed carry state....whats wrong with that besides nothing)....with the help of the Good Lord it will be about 6 years away!

Again welcome aboard and you did very well with your Excalibur selection and upgrades...If you have not done so already, I would suggest that you pick up a Danny Miller stringer, and arrow puller....you might want to also pick up a couple of extra strings. Danny Miller runs Horizontal Archery in Sardis, OH....Danny doesn't do emails or have a website....he can be reached at 1.740.483.2312. He is a wonderful person and we know him as Dr Danny because he knows EVERYTHING EXCALIBUR!

Thanks Anthony. I do have the Danny Miller stringer and a string coming from Vixenmaster. I heard great things about Danny Miller and will definitely contact him when needing anything for my bow.

I have 13 years left till I can retire. I hunt in Chenango county NY near the PA border and PA is also a place I will be checking out. The whole area is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to live there lol.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Lunghit...just sent you a PM

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey i knowed you n very nice crossbow you gotstid :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Nice rig you have.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Welcome aboard the forum.... Great looking bow you have.... only thing missing is some blood somewhere on it... Better get out there in your stand and git'r done. :D

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

vixenmaster wrote:Hey i knowed you n very nice crossbow you gotstid :)
Thanks. It's going to have a great string very soon haha.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'll be sure to post pics once the bow looses it's virginity haha.
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Welcome to the Family!!!!! Excalibur's are addictive!!!!
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!