Mounting camera to the quiver mount?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kingfish01

Mounting camera to the quiver mount?

Post by Kingfish01 »

Hello all, I'm wanting to mount a video camera to my micro 335 and thought the female quiver mount attached to the bow would be a good place to use since I remove the quiver once I sit down and get situated. The only thing I can think of is to buy an extra quiver and cut off the male mount on it and somehow modify it to hold the camera and then mount the camera to the bow via the modified quiver mount. The camera in question is a ion camocam. Is there another way to mount something to the quiver mount?
way123hockey

Re: Mounting camera to the quiver mount?

Post by way123hockey »

I have a Spypoint Camera that I mount on my Matrix 355 when I get to my stand. Have to remove the quiver first but I do that anyway. I have a Munch Mount with a Munch Camera Mount attached. Works great.

Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
Kingfish01

Post by Kingfish01 »

Thanks for the reply. Your setup looks sturdy. Unfortunately, im always trying to reduce weight and bulkiness. The quiver mount ends up being useless to me once I sit down so I figured I'd put it to some use
munch

Post by munch »

Wayne I'm using a kwiekie 3 arrow quiver and it's not much wider than my scope . Love it . In the past most times I would take the quiver off and mount it in the tree but now it stays on . As far as weight if you remove the excal bracket and switch to a 3 arrow quiver you will not notice a change in the totàl weight of the bow . Makes carrying the bow better and shots off a post rest or ßhootibg rail much better
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Thanks Terry, I have a kwikee three arrow quiver kicking around. I'll give it a try.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

What I ended up doing was use a pic rail . I mount the removable quiver bracket on one side and on the other my camera mount . I can use either my video camera or a point and shoot one in video mode .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

munch wrote:Wayne I'm using a kwiekie 3 arrow quiver and it's not much wider than my scope . Love it . In the past most times I would take the quiver off and mount it in the tree but now it stays on . As far as weight if you remove the excal bracket and switch to a 3 arrow quiver you will not notice a change in the totàl weight of the bow . Makes carrying the bow better and shots off a post rest or ßhootibg rail much better

....Same here the 3 arra QQ is on all of my Excal's and love it....NO noticeable weight difference!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

way123hockey wrote:I have a Spypoint Camera that I mount on my Matrix 355 when I get to my stand. Have to remove the quiver first but I do that anyway. I have a Munch Mount with a Munch Camera Mount attached. Works great.

I have the same on my matrix 355, love it. Munch makes some great stuff!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Kingfish01

Post by Kingfish01 »

Ok, I managed to modify the mount and secure it under the quiver bracket

SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Is that a GoPro-type tripod mount that you are using to connect the camera to the Munchmount?

way123hockey wrote:I have a Spypoint Camera that I mount on my Matrix 355 when I get to my stand. Have to remove the quiver first but I do that anyway. I have a Munch Mount with a Munch Camera Mount attached. Works great.

Kingfish01

Post by Kingfish01 »

I'm not sure if it's like a GoPro mount since I know nothing about GoPros. It's the mount that came with the ion camocam. It slides and clicks on and releases by pressing two latches. It's very simple and quick