New X-Bow Set Up Help Requested

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: New X-Bow Set Up Help Requested

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats, and welcome. All good advice given already, so here is mine.
Cut the arrows ONLY as short required for broadhead clearance, make sure you cannot get your foot in under a tipped arrow! :shock:
Forget the whiskers, they will really just rob you of speed and provide very little silencing effects.
Get the Nikon Bolt Scope, best scope for that short bow, and it's speed, very good glass for the $$ and rugged as an anvil.
I got a 5 arrow hip quiver from David at Wyvern's, I usually just put 3 in it, and cinch it to my back pack on the walk in, it works well on the belt too tethered to your thigh for stalking.

Have fun, good luck. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ralph 72

Re: New X-Bow Set Up Help Requested

Post by ralph 72 »

My 9 year old received a matrix cub for his birthday in July, we put a Tact Zone scope on it, and the R.E.D.S on, and a Trigger Tech Trigger on, and it is a little tack driver clear out to 60 yards.The only other things i would get is, Air Brakes, and custom arrows that are shorter, because with a 125 grain Grimm Reaper X-Bow Broadhead the tip is over the stirrup by a 1/2" . These broadheads work very well with the Matrix Cub they come with a practice head, and we did not have to move the scope for these heads, flies the same as field points. I Hope this helps you.