What a day Friday was!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

What a day Friday was!

Post by Riflemanz »

I get to our land and first thing I see is that someone cut a tree down across our fire lane which the farmer also uses. I head to my 18' stand but it's gone, my buddy's stand is gone, my two cut up ladders are gone, my deer cart is gone and two cameras are gone along with safety lines. So I head to a further away stand to hunt seeing how it's 50* and cloudy. I climb up pull up my bow, load an arrow and I start to hang up the quiver when I hear a deer heading my way, it's a small button buck but I decided to pop him to get some fresh tenderloins. I shoot him thru the lungs and he goes 30 yds and crashes. I used a 3 blade 2" cut head trauma freak nasty.
My buddy calls me and he shot a doe. As I'm trying to cock my bow in the stand a doe walks up and looks at me at 10yds but I can't get it cocked without moving so she walks away. After the hunt my buddy calls the land owner to tell him what happened and he says he has a new caretaker for his 116 acres and his golf dome which he watches for vandalism for him and he forgot to tell him we were hunting out there. So it turns out this guy took all of our stuff thinking we were trespassing on the land.we hope to get it back today! What a day!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
deadeer

Re: What a day Friday was!

Post by deadeer »

Nice that he was doing his job, but damn. He could of asked before he went doing all that! I wouldnt be in such good spirits, but I havent killed a deer yet either. Lol. Good job on the deer, guys.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations on getting meat!
Sounds like the caretaker is doing his job which could turn out to be a good thing for you in the long run. :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Lucky times 1,000! Congrats Steve, glad to hear your stuff will be returned.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
acreek

Post by acreek »

That's the first time I have ever heard anyone say they purposefully shot a button buck. Haha. I don't think young deer taste as good as deer a few years older. They seem bland and watery to me. So even when I'm hunting for a doe I'm looking for one that's 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 years old.

Hope you get all of your stuff back from the caretaker who seemed to have a bit of a knee jerk reaction. The dude obviously should have checked with the landowner to see if permission to hunt was given out. That's crazy. I've dealt with a few of these land caretaker types before and half the time they demonstrate themselves to be individuals of questionable character and/or they lack a healthy amount of common sense. Good luck to your hunting party and the landowner. I hope the caretaker hasn't "sold" your equipment yet.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

your one lucky Dude. congrats on your deer .
W.M.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Our deer are all corn fed and soy beans! There is no such thing as a bad tasting deer here! I fried up some tenderloin last night and it was very good! :mrgreen:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the deer and finding your stands!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Wow ....what a day
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Riflemanz wrote:Our deer are all corn fed and soy beans! There is no such thing as a bad tasting deer here! I fried up some tenderloin last night and it was very good! :mrgreen:

Congrats on that tasty deer you killed. Glad to hear the care taker had gathered up y'alls stuff n not a thief
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315