NAP FOC w/ -Micro 335 Whitetail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Scarecrow

NAP FOC w/ -Micro 335 Whitetail

Post by Scarecrow »

If I have a max 20 yard shot do you think the FOCs will work in the Micro? Total arrow weight is 420 grs
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
Riflemanz

Re: NAP FOC w/ -Micro 335 Whitetail

Post by Riflemanz »

Yes!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think the micro has enough steam for an foc. Personally i like all nap heads but honestly why would you use an foc when you can use a nap spitfire maxx it has basically the same giant cut but its divided up with an extra blade i would rather have the energy dispersed in three blades. This is just my personal choice you cant go wrong with any nap product.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I'm a big fan of this head but won't use it from a Micro 335. I don't feel it has more than enough energy to push a 3" blade through a deer. It might have just enough energy, but that isn't enough for me.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

you will just fine . shoot um.
W.M.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have some experience with the FOC as my go to expandable broadhead for deer over the past few seasons and after witnessing Bellerivercrossbowhunter from the forum zip open (huge hole) a Ontario black bear using the FOC during the 14 season using his Micro 335 I really don't see an issue hitting lung/heart broadside under 25 yards on deer. I would reconsider any longer shot than that using this broadhead.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

At 30 yards a micro will have over 70 pounds of energy 30 pounds is enough to go thru a deer with a normal broadhead and the foc its not a normal broadhead but you got 40 extra pounds .granted its not a 405 but its not a slowpoke.people kill deer all the time with vixens and schwackers a schwackers a small foc and a vixens pretty slow .placement placement placement
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I Use FOCs almost exclusively, but would use a smaller cut with the 335. The G5 series of both expandible and fixed has easy penetrating heads.

Post by newbie »

im with Derrick and Steve on this one. I dont think there is enough gas in the tank... especially if something goes a muck.
I use 2" Swhackers from mine. They can leave huge holes as well.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

newbie wrote:im with Derrick and Steve on this one. I dont think there is enough gas in the tank... especially if something goes a muck.
Just to be clear, I think at 20y, broadside there wouldn't be a problem recovering an animal with that bow/BH setup. But what if it's a 30y shot and you don't hit the ribcage, you miss-hit the shoulder? I will not hunt with a head that makes my effective killing range shorter or would make a shoulder shot a miserable tracking experience. The FOC is designed for the fastest crossbow models and I won't use them on my other setups.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I used them in my Matrix 355 for years. Only one non pass through on a buck. The arrow went in through the heart and hit the front leg. It was a short tracking job and an outstanding blood trail so it ended well... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

racking up points wrote:
newbie wrote:im with Derrick and Steve on this one. I dont think there is enough gas in the tank... especially if something goes a muck.
Just to be clear, I think at 20y, broadside there wouldn't be a problem recovering an animal with that bow/BH setup. But what if it's a 30y shot and you don't hit the ribcage, you miss-hit the shoulder? I will not hunt with a head that makes my effective killing range shorter or would make a shoulder shot a miserable tracking experience. The FOC is designed for the fastest crossbow models and I won't use them on my other setups.
Yes exactly. i have no doubt on a perfect broadside lung shot even at my 30 yard max no problem.... but if?
This is why i stick to 2" Swhackers max on my setup.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

When I set up Coltons 335 for hunting. I had arrows done with alum. Inserts for use with 170 gr. heads. He shoots the FOC on turkeys and a NAP crossbow Spitfire with 3 blades and a much smaller cut( also 170gr.) on deer and hogs. Virtually identical poi. Couldn't be happier. FOC probably would do fine on our deer but not so sure about our hogs. That was my reasoning anyway.