Axiom String!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BloodTrial

Axiom String!

Post by BloodTrial »

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some input on aftermarket string for my Axiom! As of now I have a fully stock Axiom. With Christmas around the corner I need some gift ideas for work and the wife and all I can think about is me beloved crossbow! :D What type of string should I be asking for? Also, is there any other performance upgrades that are a must? I'm not so worried about looks or getting the bow quiet. Just want it to shoot at the best of its potential!

Also, anyone looking to buy some Fire Bolts for Christmas, im your guy! I have eight Fire Bolts and 2 lumenoks for sale. $50.00 for everything. Six of the Fire Bolts are still in the box, never been shot! The other two have been used for target practice only. The Lumenoks were bought less than a month ago.
The reason im selling this stuff is because I had a big problem sighting my bow in using Fire Bolts. For some reason they were dropping seven inches low at 60 yards. So I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some new bolts. I believe they were black max bolts and they shot dead on at 60 yards! Im not sure why the Fire Bolts were ding this. Maybe because I was using 125 grain broad heads instead of the suggested 150 grain. I seem to be the only person who has had this type of problems with Fire Bolts . It sucks! but never the less now I have all these new Fire Bolts sitting in my closet not being used!

Thanks,
xcaliber

Re: Axiom String!

Post by xcaliber »

If dry firing is not an issue, get a good performance Flemish string, and some Danny Miller Bumpers. Be sure to specify the model you have as there are some differences in the bumpers across the range of models. Some would also suggest an ADF.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Not trying to be jerkey. But i have an ibex wich is the same as an axiom. I know it well and would personally never shoot at game past 40 yards . Not that it would not kill at 60 yards but your gonna run into jumping the string issues etc. I just think the 50 yard stuff is for the faster bows. I shoot zombies with a 84 grain insert and a 100 or a 125 point. They shoot a lot better than the firebolt . The flemish string will be awsome most string makers use a much durable serving than the factory.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Great advice so far!
I have an ibex (same bow with different stock) I noticed a big difference when installing a Flemish string on mine. Also a major difference using zombie slayers with 84gr insert and 2" blazer veins fletched with a helical to give u a good rotation
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
BloodTrial

Post by BloodTrial »

O.k that's exactly what I was asking! I bought four carbon express crossbolt's and they are dead on at any yardage. Big improvement from the fire bolts! Also, I'm not saying I would take a shot at 60 yards but depending on what's there I just might. All I'm saying is I don't want my crossbow to be off at 60 yards just incase.

I will defiantly look into flemish string and bumpers. For sure!
BloodTrial

Post by BloodTrial »

Where should I buy the flemish string at? I know the excalibur web site sells a flemish string bUT so does amazon for cheaper. What I'm trying to figure out is, is all flemish string the same or is there a specific model of flemish string you are suggesting?

Thanks,
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The axiom. Ibex. Vixen .were awsome bows in reality its all the bow a normal hunter would need l put the dr stririp bumpers and limb silencers on all my exo series bows ( lbex ,vixen 2) ln my reasoning being a slower bow lt quiets em down to lessen string jumping at 30 plus yards. You will still need the excalibur bumpers in order to convert to dr stirrup air bumpers. I dont care for the dr stririp stirrup end but i like their silencer products. I just killed a giant doe with my blazing fast 267 fps vixen 2 (full penetration at 35 yards) they kill just like their bigger excalibur siblings.l have used all the members strings in our trading post all good .get one from one of them all top notch.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

There are many great string makers on this forum, you are much better off buying from one of these guys. I bought mine from nchunterw but check out the trading post on this site and see if anything catches your eye
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
BloodTrial

Post by BloodTrial »

I cant seem to find the Trading Post! lol
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Look at the Board Index, then select Trading Post.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Near the top of the page under the blue title area there is a little house and then "board index<excaliburcrossbow<crossbow hunting"
you can click on those items to look at other sections of the forums
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly