Scope clarity

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Eck

Re: Scope clarity

Post by Eck »

I had the same problem with the Tactzone that came on my 380, so I returned it for a warranty repair. The one I received was much clearer, but wouldn't hold its zero. The 380 now sports a Hawke, FYI.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
Westhoyt

Post by Westhoyt »

Well looked through a Nikon Bolt today and it is 1000 times clearer than the Deadzone
no speed dial
Nice and simple and very clear
That's all I need .
Eck

Post by Eck »

The Bolt is a great scope for the money; I'd still be using them if I hadn't convinced myself I needed the illuminated reticle.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
Boo

Post by Boo »

https://www.leupold.com/life/help-desk/ ... -is-clear/
One of the key words in the quote below is glance. Do not stare as your eyes will try to over come poor focus. Of course the older you are, the less your eyes can compensate. But again, glancing looks will get you to where you want to be.
One of the most misunderstood mechanical aspects of a riflescope is how to correctly use the eyepiece to focus the reticle. Here at Leupold, there are several kinds of eyepieces, but they all function similarly. All of them rotate—and in the process move in and out, changing the position of the eyepiece lenses in relation to the riflescope’s reticle. The reticle is the crosshair, or aiming point and the eyepiece’s primary role is to keep the reticle focused for the individual shooter’s eye.

So, to focus the reticle, point the scope toward the sky or another distant, light colored background. (If the scope is mounted on a firearm, ensure that the firearm is empty and rendered safe before performing this operation.) If the reticle is not crisp when you first glance through it, glance away, and turn the ocular lens about ¼ to ½ of a turn in either direction and glance through it again. The reticle will appear to be either more or less focused at this point. If it appears more crisp, turn a quarter turn the same direction and glance through it again. If it is less crisp, rotate a full turn the opposite direction and check again. Repeat this process until the reticle is crisp and sharp. If the eyepiece has a locking mechanism, lock it in place at this setting.

It is important to note that the reticle should not be focused while looking through the scope constantly. Your eye will compensate for the focus changes and focus will be very difficult to achieve. It is also important to note that the eyepiece focuses the reticle ONLY—not the target. Use the adjustable objective or side focus to remove parallax on the target (on higher magnification scopes). On lower magnification scopes, the parallax is factory set at 150 yards for most riflescopes, and shorter distances for other specialized products. (Rimfire scopes are set at 60 yards, for example.)

By properly focusing the reticle, your scope will provide a crisp, clear aiming point, and a sharp sight picture that is ideal for accurately placing your shots on target.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

It is important to note that the reticle should not be focused while looking through the scope constantly. Your eye will compensate for the focus changes and focus will be very difficult to achieve. It is also important to note that the eyepiece focuses the reticle ONLY—not the target. Yes sir ,your pretty close to understanding what I was trying to ask. When I adjust the eyepiece to get the recticle at its clearest the target will be ever so slightly fuzzy ( not as clear ) and vice versa, when I focus on target and adjust eyepiece to get it as clear and crisp as possible ,the recticle will be slightly fuzzy. Not bashing scope , it serves its purpose and definitely good to hunt with, just wondering if both entities ( recticle and target should be at their clearest and crispest at same time because mine are not.) thanks for all answers and responses. Still thinkin bout an upgrade but still exploring options.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
coop

Post by coop »

I have this same problem, cant get the eye focus sharp for reticle and target. I can get just the reticle sharp but target is fuzzy or target sharp but reticle fuzzy. But not both sharp. Have never had this problem with other scopes.
M405+Swhacker=Awesome
Westhoyt

Post by Westhoyt »

Pretty sure it is very common with Deadzone scope, lots of negative reviews ,but bow is awesome