Ol'man Multi vision climber (steel)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Micro.slayer

Ol'man Multi vision climber (steel)

Post by Micro.slayer »

Just bought this climber. I have had many climbers over the years. But at 52. I'm not 17 anymore. It's hard to climb my muscles are junk. I got this stand because it's design makes me feel like it won't slide down tree.Guy's I need some feedback
xcaliber

Re: Ol'man Multi vision climber (steel)

Post by xcaliber »

It's solid, but heavy. I have a Drone, had the CTS Alumalite, both are great & secure climbers. The steel version is like 30# but my buddy totes his, and he's 5'7" tal 160# and 61 years old. He is as tough as cheap overcooked steak though! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I use an Ol Man Vision. Love it! Mine is a lighter version partially made from carbon. It's quiet and comfortable. They are not light though. I'll be 70 this month.
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

I've had every climber made past 30 yrs. I still have my favorite Loggy Bayou. But safety first. Don't use it anymore. But his ol' man jus seems safer. Got it toda in th mail. Fed ex. It is veeery well made . Rodgers sporting goods sill have them for
$134. Retail for $219.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice, can't wait to see pictures from the perch! You can get up there with these Ol'Man Stands! :wink:
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I've had top of the line Summits, API's as well as several other great brands and now all I own are Ol'Mans. Of them all, the only other stand, I've really liked beside the Ol'man's were the Summit Elite(lightened Viper with Sling seat). For me the net seat and the other flexibility features such as reversible foot-rest/backrest that allow so many more tree options/setups. I buy used steel multi-visons and use them for short treks or leave them locked for repeat hunts. They are cheap and clamp so securely to tree it's unreal.
I have a drone which is still a little heavy but the most comfortable of all plus has leveling. I have a grand Alumilite that I use for long treks and it's super light weight.

I've found the Summits are loud as hell traveling and although quicker on tree they are definitely not as secure or flexible in tree size.

I woulod love to get my hands on one of the old carbon light visions because they are definitely the best blend of the Steel vision with the lightness of carbon...
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There is no denying that the Ol' Man stands are the most comfortable around. You would have to go back to the Tree Lounge to get more comfortable! That was like strapping a piano on your back! :lol:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

63 years young tried many stands.we have 23 in our group at camp and every stand made ..My only stand at 63 is SUMMIT VIPER/360/TITAN ...I invented the sound deadening for Summit stands that they use now close to what we used which was only SPRAY FOAM..

I use deer cart to haul my stand in and out if there is snow on ground ,bastards will follow your tracks and steal it.
no snow I bury my stand ...

Summits have best seat for sitting all day bar none ..

This year going back to ladderstands cheap ones in gun season and use my Summit top section only .it weights very little and I can carry it in/out easy only way i can sit in ladderstand.

you make your ladderstands too nice they will steal them or destroy them...
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Gonna Buy the SHERPA game cart kit. Sproulman good advice. Take your stuff in on a cart.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Ah, the old Tree Lounge with the wheel kit, etc. A beast to say the least, but to date the most comfortable climbing stand ever made. :wink:

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... 0.jpg.html]Image
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

The ol Tree loundge. Having flash backs
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Definitely an unforgettable experience! :lol: :lol: