350se questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

350se questions

Post by seabee401 »

Will I need to swap out factory string to get the advertised speed of 350 fps. Also , will the Diablo bolts meet minimum grain of 350 with 100 grain tip even though they are 18" versus 20" used on older models? Flemish string different length for Matrix models? Will C2 crank work with this model ? How about string changing aid. I have 2 for my older models. Will they work with Matrix? My first Matrix, so sorry for the ton of questions! :shock:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
xcaliber

Re: 350se questions

Post by xcaliber »

Tom, all Matrix strings are supposed to be the same length. The stringing aid will work, but you'll have to shorten the rope, not sure about the crank. The Diablos should be around 370 grains with 100 grain points if memory serve me right. The bow comes with a string made from performance materials so a Flemish might actually cost you 2-3 FPS because they are a bit heavier.

Congrats on the new bow!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
venison

Post by venison »

I have a 350 se also the diablo bolts are fine long as you use a 125 gr broad head or 100 gr I like to shoot 400 gr arrows are better all matrix strings are 31 inches flemish strings are a good choice i make my own cause i tinker allot with my girls c 2 crank is great for sighting in gives you better accuracy pulling even and saves on your back in long shooting sessions if you have not shot your bow a while you should wait till your familiar with it.. In case of a dry fire shoot it allot till your confident enough then get a flemish string good luck : :)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Matrix bows come equipped with performance strings in the endless loop design, dry firing with a stock string or a Flemish will render the same result. The Dacron String on the old Mag Tip bows offered some insurance, but not so with Matrix or Micro models.
Know your bow, and equipment before firing it, no questions are off limits!
Good luck,
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

xcaliber wrote:Tom, all Matrix strings are supposed to be the same length. The stringing aid will work, but you'll have to shorten the rope, not sure about the crank. The Diablos should be around 370 grains with 100 grain points if memory serve me right. The bow comes with a string made from performance materials so a Flemish might actually cost you 2-3 FPS because they are a bit heavier.

Congrats on the new bow!
Thanks Dan. Much appreciated info. :D
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

venison wrote:I have a 350 se also the diablo bolts are fine long as you use a 125 gr broad head or 100 gr I like to shoot 400 gr arrows are better all matrix strings are 31 inches flemish strings are a good choice i make my own cause i tinker allot with my girls c 2 crank is great for sighting in gives you better accuracy pulling even and saves on your back in long shooting sessions if you have not shot your bow a while you should wait till your familiar with it.. In case of a dry fire shoot it allot till your confident enough then get a flemish string good luck : :)
Thanks for the info. Venison. Appreciated! :)
DES

Post by DES »

My 350 with factory string shoots the 18" Diablos (355 gr w/ 100 gr tip) at 344 fps. I added the ADF scope mount also, it's the best shooting Excal I've ever owned. Enjoy!
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150