Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by ihunt »

Hey everyone

Gotta a question that's been nagging me for awhile. My question is if we were to treat our clothes with Permethrin can we spray a scent blocker over it? Will it reduce it's affectiveness of the Permethrin? Thanks
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Boo

Re: Question about Permethrin & Scent blockers

Post by Boo »

Scent Blocker prevents the gasification of material. Do some research and see if Permethrin gives off a gas to ward off insects.
No mater what you do, you will never make yourself indetectable to a deer's nose. So while I might be wrong, I think you're wasting your time worrying about it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

I'm with Don. I just play the wind bet.... seem to make out ok :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Boo wrote:Scent Blocker prevents the gasification of material. Do some research and see if Permethrin gives off a gas to ward off insects.
No mater what you do, you will never make yourself indetectable to a deer's nose. So while I might be wrong, I think you're wasting your time worrying about it.
Yeah you're probably right, but I never lost any sleep over it :lol:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have used both with no problem . The permethrin only smells for a little while until it dries . But I had ticks crawl across my pants with permethrin on them go figure . Also not all ticks will come from the ground they will drop on you from tree branches and down your neck.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

hunter with MS wrote:I have used both with no problem . The permethrin only smells for a little while until it dries . But I had ticks crawl across my pants with permethrin on them go figure . Also not all ticks will come from the ground they will drop on you from tree branches and down your neck.
. Ninja ticks.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

You got that right . So when one comes in from outside in tick country tick check I take a shower and sometimes that does not get rid of them all . I live in a very high tick area have I have chronic Lyme disease because I had Lyme before it was heard of in my area I had it for at least 4 to 5 years before I found a Doctor who would test me for it . Does that keep me inside NO I just do the checks and have the medicine on hand . Lyme most likely caused my MS.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Arrowflinger wrote:
hunter with MS wrote:I have used both with no problem . The permethrin only smells for a little while until it dries . But I had ticks crawl across my pants with permethrin on them go figure . Also not all ticks will come from the ground they will drop on you from tree branches and down your neck.
. Ninja ticks.
Yep Ninja Ticks!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

I feel for Hunter with MS. That story sucks. I Got
Lyme. But after lying in bed in puddles of water. And my joints going ape crap. In 5 days after I got bit I went to Doctor. I was still burning up. Took my sweater off and Doc seen rings on my back. He saId I was lucky because it was early stages. But. Antibiotics don't work for everyone. I also believe once you have it . You are immune. And if you get bit again it won't matter much. But I'm no Doctor. I feel like I'm weaker and tired all the time. Oh well I'm not gonna dwell on it. And won't stop hunting . I know my Pittbull has it. My neighbors all have it. They don't hunt. The Government was experimenting/ studying them in Lyme Mass. They let them out. Go figure. I'm not surprised.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Micro.slayer wrote:I feel for Hunter with MS. That story sucks. I Got
Lyme. But after lying in bed in puddles of water. And my joints going ape crap. In 5 days after I got bit I went to Doctor. I was still burning up. Took my sweater off and Doc seen rings on my back. He saId I was lucky because it was early stages. But. Antibiotics don't work for everyone. I also believe once you have it . You are immune. And if you get bit again it won't matter much. But I'm no Doctor. I feel like I'm weaker and tired all the time. Oh well I'm not gonna dwell on it. And won't stop hunting . I know my Pittbull has it. My neighbors all have it. They don't hunt. The Government was experimenting/ studying them in Lyme Mass. They let them out. Go figure. I'm not surprised.
I'm no doctor either but isn't lyme disease caused by a bacteria? Not like a virus where our bodies builds antibodies but we can't do so with bacterias?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers