Matrix stock trigger question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Matrix stock trigger question

Post by Arrowflinger »

Yesterday while shootin my Matrix 350 , I noticed the aqua green plastic thingama jiggy was raised up and not flat like I've normally noticed it. While in that raised position I noticed nothing changed in the characteristics of the trigger. It seemed to work normal along with safety also working properly. Little help please, what is that green thing, it's purpose and why it was raised. Surely I haven't shot this baby 3000 times and never noticed that. Thanks in advance for the help.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Boo

Re: Matrix stock trigger question

Post by Boo »

It's a buffer to soften the sound of the latch of the trigger unit after the shot. If it's missing, you bow gets loud.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

[quote="Boo"]It's a buffer to soften the sound of the latch of the trigger unit after the shot. If it's missing, you bow gets loud.[/quote].

Thank you for your response but if you don't mind me askin what possibly would cause it to raise like that ; or is it broken or what? Thanks.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Boo

Post by Boo »

They are held in mostly with a cyanoacrylic glue. Otherwise they are not pinned or mechanically locked in. The glue is not holding, for what reason I don't know. With the type of glue used, the only way the pad can be released is mechanically or a solvent like Acetone.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Thanks for your time
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sounds like time for a shiny new triggertech unit for sure.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

longbow joe wrote:Sounds like time for a shiny new triggertech unit for sure.

Or another trip back to doctor Danny . I really liked that trigger.no creep and very crisp.