video deer hunts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

video deer hunts

Post by xbowrook »

okay guys, i know i brought this up a couple years ago.. but who out there puts in the extra work of video taping your hunts? i have wanted to do this for a while, especially now that my boy hunts with me.. tried it last year but the digital camcorder i got was a bust, a real P.O.S... i did enjoy it as it allowed me to share what i saw that hunt with my family... it also passed the slow times by allowing me to get some practice in recording stuff around me in the bush.. well, i am going to give it another go.. just purchased a really really nice camcorder off ebay.. a really nice Sony DCR-SR47... has great reviews, great quality, records in HD, manual focus, has amazing zoom capabilities and has a 60GB internal memory as well as SD card slot for more video storage.. will be here right in time for opening morning.. $400 camera and I snatched it for $75... i was going to forget doing the video thing, but after i shot my biggest buck ever last fall, all i could think of after was "man i wish i got that on camera".. well, hopefully this year.. will keep you posted on how it works out..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
vixenmaster

Re: video deer hunts

Post by vixenmaster »

I do it every now n again durin the warm days. I have a Canon thats about 4 yrs old i use. Have done to kills n 2 jus video's. Its enjoyable, when cold weather 30's you need to keep the battery warm. You use a hand or foot warmer chemical pac taped to the battery area
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xbowrook

Re: video deer hunts

Post by xbowrook »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:39 am
I do it every now n again durin the warm days. I have a Canon thats about 4 yrs old i use. Have done to kills n 2 jus video's. Its enjoyable, when cold weather 30's you need to keep the battery warm. You use a hand or foot warmer chemical pac taped to the battery area
thanks vixenmaster.. that is a great tip! i forgot about how much the cold could affect the battery life.. will have to do that for sure..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade