Excalibur Revamped

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

See4miles

Re: Excalibur Revamped

Post by See4miles »

I just had this discussion with three fellow hunters from Canada who were as proud as me to own and shoot Excalibur.

I pretty much touted every reason already stated for owning and using Excalibur exclusively, with the limb issue being my only negative. That being said, please note it was the ONLY negative.

And that being said, I'll take my one negative and be happy everything else is literally PERFECT!
In the Wind.......
Dash

Post by Dash »

For me it was about reliability and accuracy. I'm glad I made the right choice with excal.
From the hype I heard from other manufactures, I expected the excalibur limbs to be "wider" than they were, and was pleasantly surprised at the well balanced look of the excal limbs and stock when I got it. Having a couple of inches extra length has never been a problem for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

The two most common observations I've heard from compound crossbow shooters are that Excals are wider and louder. Both observations are true, but I can't say that either has negatively affected my hunting.

But now that I think about it, noise did come into play with a deer I shot 2 or 3 years ago. I missed the deer with my first shot, but I was able to re-cock in my stand and kill the deer with my 2nd shot. The problem? My buddy was in a stand about 200 yards away and I didn't think it was necessary for him to know every detail about how I killed that deer :wink: . But then he said to me, "I could have sworn that I heard you shoot twice, you wanna explain that?" :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Extreme

Post by Extreme »

Im going threw alot of posts and came across this one i started back in 2011 i think lol
Alot has changed and still shooting the best.
Thank you Excalibur for listening
Matrix 355
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I chose Excalibur after doing as much research as possible online...from reading reviews to anything else I could find. I chose Excalibur for a few reasons =
#1. Lifetime warranty. I wanted a crossbow I could pass down to my kids.
#2. Reliability. After reading the reviews I felt Excalibur was the most reliable crossbow on the market.
#3. Accuracy. All reviews listed Excalibur as the most accurate crossbow on the market.
#4. Ease of maintenance. I appreciate the fact that I can change my own string in less than 2 minutes and can do most maintenance myself.
%3 After shouldering several different crossbows, Excalibur fit me the best. :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
SEW

Post by SEW »

I wish I'd been an Excalibur user before this thread started.
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

BrotherRon wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:21 pm
I chose Excalibur after doing as much research as possible online...from reading reviews to anything else I could find. I chose Excalibur for a few reasons =
#1. Lifetime warranty. I wanted a crossbow I could pass down to my kids.
#2. Reliability. After reading the reviews I felt Excalibur was the most reliable crossbow on the market.
#3. Accuracy. All reviews listed Excalibur as the most accurate crossbow on the market.
#4. Ease of maintenance. I appreciate the fact that I can change my own string in less than 2 minutes and can do most maintenance myself.
%3 After shouldering several different crossbows, Excalibur fit me the best. :)
X2 Everything you said. :lol:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr