Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Lumenoks

Post by paulaboutform »

sproulman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:07 pm
Kegbelly wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm
I love my lumenoks. The added weight at the rear of the arrow did change my arrow flight a little but I sighted in and practice with that setup and its good to go. One thing to note is that on carbon shafts, the little contact wires will eventually make little concave dents in the end of the shaft and can cause a poor connection resulting in weak lights and/or flickering on and off. I re-squared the knock end and fixed the issue. Just something to be aware of if you shoot them a lot.
good info .Thanks
X2! Never thought of that. Thanks Kegbelly, we need to see more of you here again for just this kinda great info! :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

sproulman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:19 pm
Smong2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:37 am
I just picked up my first set of Lumenocks. Sounds like you are not pulling them out far enough. There are 2 small wires that make contact with the arrow and it's easy to pull out the nock so it goes off but a small bump turns it back on. I pull them out around 2 mm and seems secure. That said I am not hunting with them because they had a big effect on impact point and arrow flight on my 16" BEES. Make sure you test them with your hunting points...
WHat is your exact arrow setup? If you changed from flat BEE nocks to Lumenocks, you went from 6gr in the tail to 38grans in the tail and youchanged the FOC of your arrow. That affected the trajectory. Try a heavier BH and/or insert.

Respectfully 28 grains ...
You are correct....I use both these and NuFletch and got the 2 mixed up. Igniters = 38gr, Lumenock = 28gr
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

I also remove the vanes from my arrows and use my ezfletch Bolt space with a luminock to re fletch. That way they are all consistent.
As I'm loosing batteries, the dead batteries are going into my practise luminock so I don't have to use the weighted plastic nocks. But this is a slow transition lol.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 am
sproulman wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:19 pm

WHat is your exact arrow setup? If you changed from flat BEE nocks to Lumenocks, you went from 6gr in the tail to 38grans in the tail and youchanged the FOC of your arrow. That affected the trajectory. Try a heavier BH and/or insert.

You are correct....I use both these and NuFletch and got the 2 mixed up. Igniters = 38gr, Lumenock = 28gr

I took my electronic scale to hardware store to find set screw that weighted 20 grs..J B BOND dds some weight not much ..Most members had 2 sizes to get but I just took my scale along and a nock to get grains at 28 ..
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

:D
sproulman wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 am
nchunterkw wrote:
sproulman wrote:

I took my electronic scale to hardware store to find set screw that weighted 20 grs..J B BOND dds some weight not much ..Most members had 2 sizes to get but I just took my scale along and a nock to get grains at 28 ..
Do you remember what size screw that ended up being so I don't have take my scale to the store? :D
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:38 am
sproulman wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:

Do you remember what size screw that ended up being so I don't have take my scale to the store? :D

YES Do search here using SET SCREW FOR NOCK I think they had 2 sizes that weighted 20 grs ...i think one said 1/4 by 8/32..
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

sproulman wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:34 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:38 am
sproulman wrote:

YES Do search here using SET SCREW FOR NOCK I think they had 2 sizes that weighted 20 grs ...i think one said 1/4 by 8/32..

Thank you sir
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

My arrows are 16 BEES with either 90 or 110 grain brass inserts, I have both. They have Blazers, one set offset and one set helical and I shoot 125 grain Swackers or 100 grain depending on which insert. The arrow flight is OK until it gets windy and then the helicals do pretty well but the offset Blazers can be erratic. I'm only talking about 1-2 inches worse grouping than non Lumenoc arrows at 50 yds but everything 2" lower at 30 yds. If the bow wasn't so darn accurate it wouldn't be an issue for me but I see it... Fine hunting accuracy but I am a stickler for details and would rather have the better groups than recover an arrow after it goes through a deer. One less thing to worry about on my setup. Moot point now since the limb broke on the Micro and replacement front end hasn't arrived so not going to be using the Excalibur for hunting and selling it.