Slick Trick Broadhead question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ferguson Outfitters

Slick Trick Broadhead question

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Hi y’all,

I’ve tried some Excalibur 100gr field points in my Grizzly for accuracy not because the Boltcutters don’t do the job but with this particular Crossbow but because I installed the Nikon Bolt and I’m trying to get the FPS up to around 305 to match the ballistic plex. I’m gonna keep my Boltcutters for the M330. On this particular bow I Chrono’d 292 with 125’s. With the 150’s I set it for a bit high at 20 yards (center reticle) and dead on at 30 yards.

I’m kinda a perfectionist on fit and several broadheads at the ferrule base are a smaller diameter than The Diablo Bolts.

My question: Do the Slick Trick Warheads match the Excalibur bolt diameter?

Yes, I know I can mill down the edge like I did with VPA 3 Blade 125’s.
longbow joe

Re: Slick Trick Broadhead question

Post by longbow joe »

In my experience almost every broadhead is awfully close to a .300 shaft. I have 3 nikon bolts they really are not that tempermental on my 330 with a 420 grain bolt its pretty much on all chevrons till 50 yards ......with a 395 grain bolt its pretty much on till 50 yards. Now with my 305 ibex l have it also shooting a inch high at 20 yards but is dead on till 60 yards.... my point is even with it dead on at 305 fps a given bolt scope and bow will vary just as a hawk or luepold will. I think your over thinking it a little . I am anal also but after shooting a longbow for 20 years at 25 yards l am totally satisfied with a 2 inch group at 40 yards l feel like l have a sniper rifle rather than a crossbow in my hands. I rarely shoot or practice past 40 yards but that is just me.awsome scope the bolt is.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Ferguson Outfitters

I don’t know what the outer diameter of a Diablo shaft is but everything from VPA to Wasp and all betwixed seem smaller than the shaft causing me to bevel it for a smoother flow. The BoltCutter is the only one so far that fits so nice.

I’m just looking to flatten it out just a touch since it responds to 100gr heads well. Regardless of impact point at closer ranges, with 150gr heads I have a backline hold for my 60 yard circle on a hog. I don’t shoot deer at that distance but I will shoot a Big hog at 50 and 60 yards and it still goes slam through.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Look further at Innerloc thats who makes the boltcutter. They probably have a few using the same diameter ferrul.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ferguson Outfitters

Actually I’m gonna give them a call because they have a 100gr head. I’m wondering about the ferrule base diameter and if boltcutter parts are interchangeable?

http://www.innerloc.com/product/100-grain-stainlass-extreme-3-pack
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

My son recently purchased a GRZ-2 Crossbow that came with the Diablo bolts. I watched him sight the scope in at 20 yards and afterwards he shot it with a SlickTrick board head also at 20 yards and it hit the same location as the field tips. Three days later he harvested a doe that we measured the distance to be 28 yards using the 20 yard dot in the scope and couldn't have placed the shot better if he had jamed the bolt in the deer by hand. Oh and by the way it was a pass thru shot. The deer traveled about 15 yards before dropping.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars