Exomax Rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Exomax Rail

Post by ko4nrbs »

The right side of the rail on my Exomax appears to have more arrow contact than the left side. The finish has worn off all along the rail to the riser. I can't feel a groove or anything just see a shiny line along the rail. I know it is arrow contact but can't figure out why it is only on one side. I use Firebolt arrows with factory fletchings with Nufletch lighted nocks and a factory Excalibur Dacron string.

Don't know when it first appeared. Just noticed it this fall during deer season. Anyone else experienced this?

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
foofoo

Re: Exomax Rail

Post by foofoo »

not sure about your brand of nocks but some of the lighted nocks have tiny wire leads poking out that if you dont align them it wil rub the rail.maybe see if you have any wire leads poking out of the plastic.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

foofoo wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:25 pm
not sure about your brand of nocks but some of the lighted nocks have tiny wire leads poking out that if you dont align them it wil rub the rail.maybe see if you have any wire leads poking out of the plastic.
Thanks for the tip. The Nufletch nocks don't have the wire leads.
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

1. Check tiller at brace.
2. put white marks on serving either side of rail, Draw bow back with .... safety on.... check that marks are even.
3.With bow still drawn back measure distance from each limbtip to front screw on scope mount on each side... with safety on....
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

CBRon wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:07 pm
1. Check tiller at brace.
2. put white marks on serving either side of rail, Draw bow back with .... safety on.... check that marks are even.
3.With bow still drawn back measure distance from each limbtip to front screw on scope mount on each side... with safety on....
I'll be home in a few weeks and will look into this.

After reading up on what Tiller is I suspect the limbs are the problem. One has a few splinters in it so I decided to have them replaced. This may fix the problem.

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Stab 'em

Post by Stab 'em »

At the shot, if one limb is a bit weaker it will pull more to one side, pushing the nock and shaft to that side of the rail.
Boo

Post by Boo »

If I have to shoot arrows with aluminum rear nocks, I put a slight chamfer on the nocks so that they cannot touch the metal of the arrow groove. Tiller is never absolutely perfect in any bow so if the rear nock touches the metal of the arrow groove, you will see some anodizing come off. What you see is not uncommon when aluminum nocks are used. Reducing the OD of the aluminum insert of your lighted nocks will illiminate the scoring. The nocks are probably wider than your shafts. Check them with a micrometer or vernier caliper.
Check your tiller first. There are no specs for tiller variance so assuming there isn't something like a 1/4" difference, shoot some fixed broadheads to see if your tiller is acceptable. Poor tiller will cause large groups at moderate ranges.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Used to see it a lot more often when people cocked by hand . We humans tend to be stronger in one arm than the other . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Doe Master wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 am
Used to see it a lot more often when people cocked by hand . We humans tend to be stronger in one arm than the other . :)
I have always used a rope cocker before I got the C2. Don't know for sure when this appeared as I just noticed it during deer season.

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks