Arrow testing Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: Arrow testing Matrix

Post by SEW »

FooFoo,

Please contribute. You’re likely the most knowledgeable on arrows for extreme accuracy than anyone else here.
Back strap

Post by Back strap »

SEW Have you tried sk 300 offset
Matrix 405// Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ south shore archery 18 in spinal tapps/ plastic nock/ sk300 vanes/ 92 grain insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY
SEW

Post by SEW »

Back strap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am
SEW Have you tried sk 300 offset
Yes, my favorite! I had early vane adhesion problems. The Blazers were almost as accurate. I found offset SK300s slightly more effective with Xbow Tricks than helical Blazers.
I might try again myself. If I were having Jerry, Boo, etc making my arrows, I’d request offset SK300s.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Great stuff SEW.
I just received some Tapps from Jerry with SK300’s @ 1.5° offset that I will be testing as weather permits and will share my findings.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Boo wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:31 pm
LongCarbine wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Sew
Good stuff . My go to hunting arrow B.E Exc. 92 grain insert as tight of a twist that I can get on a blazer . With a Rage or Laser exp. out front . It flies great and bucks the wind as well as anything I have tried. But starts nose diving after about 55 yards out of my 355 and I think it will be worst out of my new 330 . I don't know if I would lighten up the front because of the winds in the mountains but less drag on the back end might be the ticket . Again looking forward ti your results.
I think that if you lighten up the front you will find less nose dive because of the lower FOC.

I think you are right Boo , might go down to around 75 grains for the 330 . Maybe you , Sew or some else could answer this , I know arrow profile affects wind drift and a heavier arrow helps , but my very front heavy arrows cut the wind like crazy The F.O.C can't do that can it ?
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330