So Maybe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: So Maybe

Post by xcaliber »

Will do later today, or tomorrow. Helping son in-law at the kids house.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Here she is, will shoot her like this, then see what needs changing. Flemish String, Bushnell Trophy XLT Crossbow Scope, and factory sound suppressors. Danny Miller bumpers as well. More to come folks. According to Danny Miller the rail is anodized, he never mentioned powder coating on 380 rails, it's pretty smooth! Cheek piece is black also, and looks pretty goofy in my opinion, so maybe I'll get a camo one later.

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/4wjbuzjr9/]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/axh0s2lt1/]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/a7y8fpdjp/]Image
Normous

Post by Normous »

Have fun Shooting Dan!

I really like the camo and all black contrast and even see the black cheek piece looking good the way I see it. The black limbs are a keeper too on the overall look.

Just me, but I could see myself painting the aluminum Miller post flat black.

As far as I know the black anodized mainframes are rare so she is a keeper due to that characteristic.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Norm. Maybe it's just me, but when i put the cheek piece on, it looks like a bow put together with leftover parts. :lol: :lol: I'm going to go with the camo one on down the road maybe. I'm trying to get used to no cheek piece though because all my hunting 7 shooting buddies shoot right hand, and the edge of the cheek piece being on their shooting side is uncomfortable, so they don't like shooting mine. I'm trying to recruit a few more guys :wink:
quake

Post by quake »

Congrats on your 380 Dan. The black and camo is unique in my opinion. My Equalizer 370 has pretty much the same look. It didn't come with a cheek piece, and as far as I know Excalibur doesn't make a cheek piece in the Cabela's "Zone Camo" color, so I purchased a black one for it. Like you, I think I would rather have a camo cheek piece to match the stock, but the rest of it looks pretty good. Actually, yours looks better than my 370. Mine has a black rail and a dark gray riser! LOL. 8)
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
janesy

Post by janesy »

I like how is has the 355 stock on it. The Black inserts look good with the black everything else. I think you have the best of both worlds now. A tree bow and a blind bow.
Maybe a second riser is in order so can swap out the colour depending on where you be hunting :)
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Went shooting at the in-laws place this morning. Got scope set to 40 yards so far, will get out again soon. Chronographed the new 380 Matrix, and Micro 355 using 408 total grains. Actual speed after calculations, and taking another 4 FPS off for the Flemish String, the new 380 gets about 360 FPS, I'm not disappointed, the bow shoots great, and is quieter than expected. The Micro after same math is about 353 FPS, very happy with that! Both bows are keepers, and speeds are still more than enough for whitetail hunting. Matrix 380 / 408 total grains! Offhand at 30 yards, still gotta get the feel for this one! :roll: :lol:

Image [url=https://postimg.org/image/mkok97w39/]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/4543bta91/]Image
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Sweet rig looks like a keeper to me!
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

My new B.D 330 is very quite too. I see you have the dipped stirup and those limb things . but no bat wings on string also what was your reason not to use those things that stick to the limbs under the string exoshocks I think .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The noise doesn't bother me. I figured if I put them on, and then had issues with them, I would get all OCD. :lol: :lol:
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I kinda like those limb things , don't know what they do. I am worried that one will come flying off and I'll have to scrap the other one off , Then I will most likely cut my string . Crap why did I put them on :?
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

360 fps is very respectable considering the flemish string and 408 grain arrows. More than enough to take whatever wanders the Indiana woods :D Congrats on the new bow, it looks good!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks John. Maybe I said this wrong, but I got 335 with the Flemish String, and 408 grain arrows, that means it's a 360, not a 380. Still very happy. With this weight, @ 335 FPS it's still the fastest Xbow I ever had. I have some blem limbs coming, and maybe it'll get a bit more on the chronograph, but I don't really care. Rope cocking this baby is easy, almost like cocking the 355 Matrix, but way better than the 355 Micro. Same arrows with both bows, the 355 was only 6 FPS slower. Now I'm going to shoot as much as possible this spring / summer to figure out which model will be my Go To in the fall.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Dan, forgive my lack of understanding. Omitting your micro completely let's discuss your M380. What speed are you getting with a 408gr arrow?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

335 FPS.