Hunting weight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Re: Hunting weight

Post by gerald strine »

hankenhunter wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:46 am
My Equinox weighs 10 lbs even. Small scope and reds only. She isn't getting any lighter either.
Hank
Bet she shoots sweet though and never had limb issues.
I miss mine I felt like I betrayed my Equinox when I sold it to buy my 350 it had killed so many deer for me :eusa-doh:
But the 350 shoots as well and is easier to cock with the shorter draw length and me being vertically challenged an all.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

hankenhunter wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:46 am
My Equinox weighs 10 lbs even. Small scope and reds only. She isn't getting any lighter either.
Hank
I hear yeah!
Starting to think something lighter be nice.
Was ready to pull the trigger on the Cabelas Micro Camo 335 package which includes everything but the kitchensink.
Then along comes the Assassin. :?
So trying to get my hands on one to see what the full weight of it dressed up is like. Hoping the smaller profile and balance considering the Equinox size is a plus plus.
Suspect weight wise not much difference but handling will be more than makes up for it.

Cc :eusa-dance:
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

When I started bow hunting again 10 years ago I weighed in about 467lbs. I started my weight loss journey on July 25, 2016 and as of today, I weighed in just under 240 lbs! I’m down a whopping 230 lbs! Hunting is much easier and more comfortable now!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
colouredchameleon

bigbowman wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 pm
When I started bow hunting again 10 years ago I weighed in about 467lbs. I started my weight loss journey on July 25, 2016 and as of today, I weighed in just under 240 lbs! I’m down a whopping 230 lbs! Hunting is much easier and more comfortable now!
:eusa-clap:
:thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbowman wrote:
That really is incredible. Good for you!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

bigbowman wrote:
Good for you :clap:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
colouredchameleon

The Specifications for the Assassin indicates it weights

7.7 lbs Bow Only.

My question is what does it actually weight fully assembled as seen on product page.
. Because to me the use of term Bow Only seems to be a little misleading term of reference.

It is like the when registering your truck in Ontario. The truck needs to be register as such that it reflects at the moment real time use at the moment of inspection..
What most people do not know is the weight that manufacture indicates is without fluids and everything else including everyone or thing loaded in it is what really needs to be considered when registering. .In other words real world weight.
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

I’m not where I can weight my Assassin right now but I’ll guarantee you its a lot more Han 7.7 pounds. Closer to 10 I’ll bet. The good thing is there is a lot of the weight back in the stock where the crank is so the balance is actually good.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

My bad! You were all talking about crossbow weights! I’ll have to measure both of my modified Vixen II/Micro and Axiom/Ibex.
colouredchameleon

Tangle Eye wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:51 pm
I’m not where I can weight my Assassin right now but I’ll guarantee you its a lot more Han 7.7 pounds. Closer to 10 I’ll bet. The good thing is there is a lot of the weight back in the stock where the crank is so the balance is actually good.
will keep a watch out for when you get a chance to report your findings
Thanks
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

My Vixen II with a Micro stock is 10lbs with arrows & quiver, 9lbs without arrows & quiver. My Axiom with a Vortex stock 9lbs with arrows & quiver, 8lbs without arrows & quiver. But weight doesn’t effect me, I shoot from the Caldwell Field Pod from all of my blinds and box stands.
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 pm
Thanks
I weighed it this afternoon. With the (empty) quiver attached, scope, etc. I came up with 10 pounds and 5 ounces. Not too bad compared to what others are saying considering the crank is inside the stock.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
colouredchameleon

Tangle Eye wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 pm
colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 pm
Thanks
I weighed it this afternoon. With the (empty) quiver attached, scope, etc. I came up with 10 pounds and 5 ounces. Not too bad compared to what others are saying considering the crank is inside the stock.
Not bad! Indeed was starting to think much more.
Will have to shoulder one to see how much it is balanced out due to its size and weight distribution with the crank in the stock