Site Admin

Ozonics

Post by Doe Master »

People's thoughts on it ?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
longbow joe

Re: Ozonics

Post by longbow joe »

Yes they work friends have them . Just another thing to carry. I survived 40 years without one killed lots a deer im good. I think taking a shower in unscented products and putting your clothes in a duffle bag full of the foilage from your area goes a long way. Doing this and playing the wind is half the fun in my opinion. Pretty soon well be shooting em from a drone thats really fun. Sorry for the sarcasm im just old school and like it. I just think these products have no end. By the same token l have over the top fish finders on my bassboat so lm no better. Lol. Where will technology end!!!!!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree we carry extra electronics .
But what is one more to the pack . :D
Rangefinder , digital game camera , Gps , cellphone or radio . :lol:
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I know they work but I can do with out the price tag. I shower and use cover scent I like the cover scent made by fitzgerald Called deer dander comes in a pump spray bottle and you can spray it on your clothes or where ever you want .
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

They have worked for me, I would purchase an extra battery and charger so you always have a charged battery, if it's in your budget? On quiet still hunts the fan may seem loud. You can run the unit upside down so the fan is now topside, it's just white noise...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
884savage

Post by 884savage »

I own one, and I believe they work, but that doesn't mean you never get busted. I've heard guys say they NEVER get winded, and I'm sure some guys really believe that. Ozonics buys you a few extra moments/minutes when deer get right in your scent stream. Ozonics also creates its own scent and noise. The smell seems to throw off the deer. They don't associate it with humans, but they do notice. The noise I'm pretty sure only bothers the guy sitting right under it. Early morning it can be a bit much. It can become a nuisance to carry in, hang, and take back out, but overall I'm a believer. I agree with the comment above about an extra battery. They last 3-4 hours on a full charge, so a morning and evening hunt may require multiple batteries.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

If you don't smell in the first place you don't need one. We shower with scent-free stuff and wash our clothes in scent-free stuff and UV Killer. I have a stand with a 20 yard window and have had many, many deer walk within 10 yards. I like the HECS suits. If you don't smell and they don't see you, it is not that hard to get very, very close. All you have to do is be quiet.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

If your weighing out your options of what to purchase to increase your deer sightings? The purchase that has increased my sightings the last two seasons has been a Rinehart doe decoy. Hands down the decoy has changed the way I hunt. Yep, it's not great carrying in and out, most of the time i just leave the decoy flat at the base of my tree. I'd purchase the decoy before an Ozonics unit, that's just me...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Just weighing my options .
The scent free option is hard to do . Absolutely no motorized vehicles . I walk a pretty good distance in on public land . ie over 900 yards straight line on the map to the stands . So carrying a decoy would also get me sweated .
I have had pretty good luck hunting there . But I do get scented by does more often than not with a boyfriend in tow during the rut . Using any urine based scents are illegal so I need the live decoy to not scent me as bad . :)
The price is the big thing . :)
I guess just do more overtime !!! :lol: