Trigger Improvement - No polishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Trigger Improvement - No polishing

Post by nchunterkw »

Been doing some work on a new Micro I got and thought I'd throw this out there.

Many of us (me included) like to put a high end trigger in our crossbows. I love the 2.5lb pull of the TT in my Micro 335. And I'm sure I'll end up with one in this bow to, but they cost $$.

The next best option (or best option some would say) is to have a "trigger job" done by a pro like Boo. In this process the trigger is disassembled and parts are lapped and polished with abrasives to improve the performance. Done properly it's a big improvement and safe. Done improperly, it's a disaster waiting to happen and not safe.

So wanting to improve the stock trigger in my Micro 355, but not wanting to drop the coin on a TT yet, I have been messing around a little bit with cleaning and lubing a stock trigger and thought I'd share my results.

I took the stock trigger that was in my Micro 335 apart and cleaned every piece with M-Pro 7 gun cleaner to remove all grease and any other gunk. Then every part was sprayed with Archoil 2400 which is a tungsten disulfide (WS2) dry lube. This works at a microscopic level and really helps to smooth things out. Next the trigger was re-assembled using Nano Grease and Nano Oil from StClaire. I really like these products on my semi-auto pistols. In fact I took a brand new 9mm that felt and worked like a new gun and simply cleaned it and lubed it with StClaire products and the difference was fantastic. It felt "broken in" and I hadn't fired a round through it yet. So I thought they would work well in this application too.

I swapped that trigger out for the one in my new Micro, and there is definately a marked difference. The trigger pull is still what it is on a stock trigger, but it is smooth and breaks clean. Definately has a better feel than the trigger that was in it.

So I think this is a good "do-it-yourself" alternative to improve your stock trigger performance, and it is safe because no abrasives are used on any part of the trigger. Of course improvement will vary trigger to trigger. Below is a link to the Nano Oil web page.

Even if you don't do a trigger job, you may want to consider this oil/grease for your firearms.

https://www.nano-oil.com/

Keith
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Bcxbow

Re: Trigger Improvement - No polishing

Post by Bcxbow »

Good read Keith. Thanks for sharing.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My 330 was bought new. The trigger is just a tad longer in pull than a tt but it is close to perfect.once a year l give it a veryvery light blast of wd 40 and clean the claws with a small rag. If my other triggers on the other bows were that good l would have never purchased the other tts.Thats good info maby over the winter l will try it. I learned my lessons now .....dont mess with the lawn mower ,outboard, bow gun or motorcycle during its season of use when its running fine save the service for later on .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
chilly_willy

Post by chilly_willy »

Thanks for sharing. good info.