RamCat 125 Vs Quiver

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buck

RamCat 125 Vs Quiver

Post by Buck »

I recently made the switch to RamCat 125 grains and so far I managed to bend 3 blades (on two different heads) while using the stock excal quiver. There just isn’t enough room to accommodate the blades. I am very impressed with the results on deer and would like to keep using them. Has anyone else had similar issues with them? Any suggestions?
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
xcaliber

Re: RamCat 125 Vs Quiver

Post by xcaliber »

I can offer one thing I do with another brand that also fits tightly in the hood of the quiver. I press my arrows into the arrow channel with the broadhead well outside of the hood, then slide them into the foam in the hood. I remove them the same way in reverse. I can only get 3 into my 5 arrow hip quiver also.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

They will fit in these with no problem and the quiver is extra versatile as well.

https://drstirrup.com/arrolok-crossbow-quivers-and-accessories/
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Bcxbow wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 am
They will fit in these with no problem and the quiver is extra versatile as well.

https://drstirrup.com/arrolok-crossbow-quivers-and-accessories/
You read my mind....I love my ArroLok!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:11 am
I can offer one thing I do with another brand that also fits tightly in the hood of the quiver. I press my arrows into the arrow channel with the broadhead well outside of the hood, then slide them into the foam in the hood. I remove them the same way in reverse. I can only get 3 into my 5 arrow hip quiver also.
I use the same head and use the 4 arrow quiver. I do what Dan suggested above. Put them in with the head outside the quiver and slide them up. The reverse it to take them out. I was never a fan of putting the head of any BH into the hood then applying all that pressure to the shaft to snap it in place one snap at a time. I always lay the arrow on the 2 rubber pieces and then snap them in at the same time to minimize flex.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am
xcaliber wrote:
I use the same head and use the 4 arrow quiver. I do what Dan suggested above. Put them in with the head outside the quiver and slide them up. The reverse it to take them out. I was never a fan of putting the head of any BH into the hood then applying all that pressure to the shaft to snap it in place one snap at a time. I always lay the arrow on the 2 rubber pieces and then snap them in at the same time to minimize flex.
That’s exactly what I do when using ramcats in the x-hanger quiver. I don’t care for the 4 arrow supplied quiver, the grippers are too loose and a little noisy if mounted on the bow for me.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bcxbow wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
xcaliber wrote:
That’s exactly what I do when using ramcats in the x-hanger quiver. I don’t care for the 4 arrow supplied quiver, the grippers are too loose and a little noisy if mounted on the bow for me.
Billy how do you mount your X-hanger? I had to mount it on the left side of my Micro Bulldog otherwise I could not get it off with the bow cocked?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:46 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm
nchunterkw wrote:

Billy how do you mount your X-hanger? I had to mount it on the left side of my Micro Bulldog otherwise I could not get it off with the bow cocked?

I don’t take mine off Keith. Most of the time I am using either a tree pod or field pod and the bow fits in the saddle with quiver still attached.

Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads