TREE CLIMBERS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BOB VANDRISH

TREE CLIMBERS

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Does anyone out there have a "favourite" tree climber,or,alternatively,one that I should avoid?
Want something fairly light,for back packing,and easy to use.
Any and all comments are invited.
Bob V.
Bob Vandrish.
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

I got the Summit Viper X4 this yr & I love it. Rock solid, quiet, light, easy to use. All you could want in a climber. Price around $229US on sale.
Get out & Enjoy.
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Summit backpacker. @21 lbs and carry it on your back, what more could you ask for?
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

I have an API grand slam
Pros: Secure and comfortable
Climbs well if the shrink tubing is not worn off.
Strong and quiet. No creaking noises when moving around.
Cons: The shrink tube on the chains wears off and needs to be replaced or the chains flop around.
The new summits have a new foot holding system that seems to work better then the old foot strapson the API
I like the API, but if they do not fix the chains or straps a Summit my be in my future.
Riggs
Isis

Climbers

Post by Isis »

Got a North Starr Tree Master H/S for Christmas.
This is my first climber. I went out once just to figure it out, and used it once.
It has thick rubber belts with teeth on like a surpentine belt on a car that go around the tree. They lock with a cam action. The cams have meshing teeth.
In between the parts that come together and might squeek, there are cork pads.

It is aluminum and weighs 19 1/2 lbs, packs really flat, and has the backpack harnesses.
It comes with a full body harness.
I am really pleased with it.
It cost about $400 cdn.
BOB VANDRISH

Tree climbers

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Thanks for all the input guys!
Much appreciated.
Any concerns about safety in any of these?
An old fart does not need to find out a new way to fall out of a tree!!LOL!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

I have a couple of Warren and Sweat aluminum Master Climber blade stands ..... Entry level ( approx $150 CND ) . Simple but effective !

I was thinking of going to a reeeeeeaaaaal nice climber for next season to get comfy for those all day stands ..... Has anyone seen or used a Tree Lounge ? We watched a video the other day and they look like they have all the bells and wistles !
209x50

Post by 209x50 »

I LOVE my API Bowhunter!! Its 5 years old and is still great, except for the tubing, replaced once so far. You cannot beat a climber. NO one knows where you were hunting etc. The one I have is really quiet , if you are careful, 5 minutees and you are in the tree. No other way to hunt.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i have an API BOWHUNTER as well, and it is a great tree stand. but im 6'1 225 pounds and it seems a bit small for me. im looking to buy a bigger stand for next year-----STEEL
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Been using climbers for over 30 years way back to the Baker types and ones I built and tried a bunch of others. I bought a Summit Viper X4 this year and it's by far thge best one I've ever used. It does need some tweal\king like de-burring around the cable cutouts & sleeves to make things slide well. Only complaint I have is it's too comfortable. You may be sleeping when "ole Nathan" comes walking under your stand :o).
Greg