Assassin problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:16 am

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem with their Assassin. A couple nights ago when I quit hunting I, as usual un-cocked my bow. However, for some odd reason, it would not work properly. It went about half way down then locked. I could crank it back up some but it is making a strange noise when I do so. I can not get it down and have left it in the position where it is locked. The front of the sled is almost at the end of the scope (about an inch in front of it). I am at a loss as to what to do with it.

Warranty maybe is no good with Excalibur any more. I'd think they would get right on this being hunting season and I'm stuck with no bow. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Question: If I take the bow to an archery shop where they sell Excalibur, what would this do to the warranty? Or if I try taking the bow apart, what would that do to the warranty?
Keep smiling!
Dennis

User avatar
Deaf jeff
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 am
Location: tip of the mitt in lower michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by Deaf jeff » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:36 am

i don't know anything about the assassin yet, but your best course of action would be to ask excalibur. this time of year is most likely horrendously busy for them
IN GOD WE TRUST

Jeff
matrix 355 w/ y25 stock
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/80gr brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 am

Indeed it is a busy time of the year and also they sell things that are needed for hunting. That is why we buy them and I've been bragging up Excalibur for many, many years. Now I've seriously beginning to doubt. It started with a neighbor also having a warranty problem that Excalibur didn't seem to want to fix (they finally did). Now this.

Sorry, but it just seems to me that they would want their customers to be out in the field using good equipment. Cripes, I already know they've lost at least one sale and possibly 3. How much more business are they willing to lose? I do not understand. Perhaps being in a service oriented business myself and knowing how important service is, it really makes me wonder. Such a shame.

So do I take a chance on getting the bow fixed by someone else or do I just wipe the season off? It is difficult to admit though that I wasted over $1500 on a bow and extra equipment.
Keep smiling!
Dennis

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Assassin problem

Post by janesy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:53 am

What did Excalibur say when you called them?

Why not cock it and shoot it to emilinate the string from the scenario. Since it's really only a winch setup. I'd say the rope is bound up. But getting the string out if the trigger would be my first step
Last edited by janesy on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:56 am

Excalibur has said absolutely nothing. I've called a couple times. I've filled out the form on the Internet. I've talked to Danny Miller but Excalibur won't even answer the phone nor return a call when I left them a number to call.

Signed: Frustrated.
Keep smiling!
Dennis

xcaliber
Posts: 9952
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Assassin problem

Post by xcaliber » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:09 am

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:53 am
What did Excalibur say when you called them?

Why not cock it and shoot it to emilinate the string from the scenario. Since it's really only a winch setup. I'd say the rope is bound up. But getting the string out if the trigger would be my first step
Cock it and shoot it, maybe it will reset . You’re not hanging up on the ADF latch?
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am

I could perhaps do that but would first have to get the sled all the way down in order to set the trigger. Perhaps I'm wrong but if so, please let me know and I'll try that.
Keep smiling!
Dennis

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:20 am

Could someone please tell me how to post a picture on this forum?
Keep smiling!
Dennis

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am

Could someone please tell me how to post a picture on this forum?
Keep smiling!
Dennis

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Assassin problem

Post by janesy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am
I could perhaps do that but would first have to get the sled all the way down in order to set the trigger. Perhaps I'm wrong but if so, please let me know and I'll try that.
I assumed since you said you were uncocking it when it locked up. that the string was still attached to the traveling trigger unit.

If the string is still attached, crank it back up and fire an arrow so the string is at rest. Then deal with the traveling unit. If the string is not locked into the traveling unit?? How did you uncock it? And or, why did you detach the string from the trigger?
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
B-Logger
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 am

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am
B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am
I could perhaps do that but would first have to get the sled all the way down in order to set the trigger. Perhaps I'm wrong but if so, please let me know and I'll try that.
I assumed since you said you were uncocking it when it locked up. that the string was still attached to the traveling trigger unit.

If the string is still attached, crank it back up and fire an arrow so the string is at rest. Then deal with the traveling unit. If the string is not locked into the traveling unit?? How did you uncock it? And or, why did you detach the string from the trigger?
Please help me if I am wrong but yes, I can crank the string back but that will not put the string behind the trigger. So how do I get the string behind the trigger so I can shoot it?

I will gladly post 2 pictures that I took if you will please tell me how to do so.
Keep smiling!
Dennis

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Assassin problem

Post by janesy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:39 am

Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

xcaliber
Posts: 9952
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Assassin problem

Post by xcaliber » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am

Sounds like your trigger is not open. I’m not sure how the Assassin latches work but you can see the latches on the traditional models and a trigger pull would open them up. I’m thinking you have something along that line happening .
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Assassin problem

Post by janesy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:42 am

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 am
janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am
B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am
I could perhaps do that but would first have to get the sled all the way down in order to set the trigger. Perhaps I'm wrong but if so, please let me know and I'll try that.
I assumed since you said you were uncocking it when it locked up. that the string was still attached to the traveling trigger unit.

If the string is still attached, crank it back up and fire an arrow so the string is at rest. Then deal with the traveling unit. If the string is not locked into the traveling unit?? How did you uncock it? And or, why did you detach the string from the trigger?
Please help me if I am wrong but yes, I can crank the string back but that will not put the string behind the trigger. So how do I get the string behind the trigger so I can shoot it?

I will gladly post 2 pictures that I took if you will please tell me how to do so.
That's my question, why is the string not behind the latches still?
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6126
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Assassin problem

Post by amythntr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:45 am

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:53 am
What did Excalibur say when you called them?

Why not cock it and shoot it to emilinate the string from the scenario. Since it's really only a winch setup. I'd say the rope is bound up. But getting the string out if the trigger would be my first step
....I happen to agree 100% with this approach....It sounds like the rope is hung up somewhere...try to cock and shoot and see if the problem replicates.

Anthony :D
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
NMare 335(On loan)
Scorpyd DS (hospitalized)
ZS,Ex
Spitfires
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Post Reply