Summit "The Vine" climbing sticks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Summit "The Vine" climbing sticks

Post by janesy »

Picked up a couple of these the other day at a great price. Curious if anyone is using them? Or has any experience.

They are well built and easy to install, but my first impression may not be so great after I stepped on the first rung with a pair of running shoes on. Might have week been in bare feet on those thin steps . Probably not a problem with proper boots.

One thing I do like, they are 23' tall. That little bit more gets you up higher than most other sticks

Last edited by janesy on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Re: Summit "The Vine" climbing sticks

Post by Normous »

Get some good Timberland work boots. All my foot problems went away after I went Timberland.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:34 pm
Get some good Timberland work boots. All my foot problems went away after I went Timberland.
I got a boot story for you, but I'm waiting for it to heal before I tell you😂🤣😂
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think l would rather go down my rockey embankment than climb your vine.Lmaooo.
I love timberland boots but how come they are so freaking heavy every model is way heavier than need be.... your foot aches and pains go away because your brain focuses on straining to find the energy to make your next step .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:47 pm
Normous wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:34 pm
I got a boot story for you, but I'm waiting for it to heal before I tell you😂🤣😂
:eusa-doh: :crazy: :eusa-doh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Timberland boots must be wayyyyyyy better up there than they are here. I'll stick with my Mucks.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Danner's...I have like 4 pairs of hunting boots from them them!!! :thumbup:
Work boots...Ariat. 2 pair.
No tennis shoes!! :lol: :lol:

For lounging around the house...2 pair of Minnetonka Moccasins.

I know...my wife says I have as many pairs of shoes as she does!!! :wtf: :eusa-doh: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:21 pm
Picked up a couple of these the other day at a great price. Curious if anyone is using them? Or has any experience.

They are well built and easy to install, but my first impression may not be so great after I stepped on the first rung with a pair of running shoes on. Might have week been in bare feet on those thin steps . Probably not a problem with proper boots.

One thing I do like, they are 23' tall. That little bit more gets you up higher than most other sticks

Running shoes???? :wtf:

Was you being chased by something??? :wink:

I like the "vine"...looks pretty cool. Let me know how it works out? And next time.....wear boots!! :eusa-naughty:
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:50 am
janesy wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Running shoes???? :wtf:

Was you being chased by something??? :wink:

I like the "vine"...looks pretty cool. Let me know how it works out? And next time.....wear boots!! :eusa-naughty:
Ha! I only put a couple sections in the backyard for the boy to climb on. I got up but my leg isn't bending like it should at the moment... so I couldn't get back down I'm sure it was really funny for the neighbors. Not so much for me.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/RNFqFZhq]Image[
I do my "weave thru" boat cleat conversion on my hawk helium sticks with 3/8 rope .
I can get 14ft and settled faster than my climber and the top stick acts as a crossbow holder and the other side holds my pack/quiver combo it's about the best thing l have tried to date.. but always open to new ideas 💡 .
I'm not much of a climber nowadays I'm a ladder guy.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
janesy

Post by janesy »

What's that boat cleat made of?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Industrial nylon it has a fail strength of over 600 pounds with a grade 10 caterpillar bolt n washer.
If your worried they make them in machined aluminum
janesy

Post by janesy »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:26 pm
Industrial nylon it has a fail strength of over 600 pounds with a grade 10 caterpillar bolt n washer.
If your worried they make them in machined aluminum
Not worried, just never seen that before.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

It is kind of scary I'm an kinda an old dog l guess ,we used to climb up trees with the original baker treestands you had to rely on the 1/4 inch bolts that connected the v-bar on each side.
I never had one fail on me and l had hundreds of hours in the precambrian baker. Maby I'm lucky l weigh 155 pounds soaking wet.
I still use my tiny modified baker mighty mite on occasion probably would make a great saddle.
We put a lot of trust in bolts n straps sometimes.
Does the vine bend with the contour or a tree it looks so? I like the way it kinda blends in and dosnt stick out maby it will keep theives away.
janesy

Post by janesy »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 pm
It is kind of scary I'm an kinda an old dog l guess ,we used to climb up trees with the original baker treestands you had to rely on the 1/4 inch bolts that connected the v-bar on each side.
I never had one fail on me and l had hundreds of hours in the precambrian baker. Maby I'm lucky l weigh 155 pounds soaking wet.
I still use my tiny modified baker mighty mite on occasion probably would make a great saddle.
We put a lot of trust in bolts n straps sometimes.
Does the vine bend with the contour or a tree it looks so? I like the way it kinda blends in and dosnt stick out maby it will keep theives away.
I've only gone 2 sections, but being round the piece swivel a bit as the tree contours. Unlike the square sticks that don't bend at all.
These three sets will likely find permanent homes as I replace some older sections of climbing sticks.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme