Gotta love inflation..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crossbownewb440

Gotta love inflation..

Post by crossbownewb440 »

Good day all. So I decided to go with the GRZ2, 305FPS. Was on the fence at first, but then seen on the Excalibur website that it's being sold for $599 USD. Over here in Canada, stores were selling it for $549.99 CAD, Cabela's had it for $50 off starting today, $499.99 CAD. It was a no brainer really.

So now that I'm part of the fam, what can I expect from my new little buddy? To those who have owned it/did own it, what are the pros and cons of the weapon? What are its limits? I intend to go after sandhill crane, but is it capable of taking down a moose? Sort of new to the sport/lifestyle of hunting. Any and all answers are welcome and appreciated. Thank you

PS I almost forgot, how do I get in on the Excalibur sweepstakes for the Polaris ATV? Is it possible for me to enter that contest despite not having bought a Twinstrike?
xcaliber

Re: Gotta love inflation..

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your new bow! I do have to say though that inflation will cost much more in the end, glad you think you are saving money.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

You don't need to buy a twinstrike to be entered in the contest. You just need to get into a dealer and shoot a twinstrike, and get your entry code.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:03 am
You don't need to buy a twinstrike to be entered in the contest. You just need to get into a dealer and shoot a twinstrike, and get your entry code.
.....I would if I wanted one....with my luck I would win and not be able to do anything with it but sell it.....can't use it in TPRofNJ nor NYS.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

crossbownewb440 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 am
Good day all. So I decided to go with the GRZ2, 305FPS. Was on the fence at first, but then seen on the Excalibur website that it's being sold for $599 USD. Over here in Canada, stores were selling it for $549.99 CAD, Cabela's had it for $50 off starting today, $499.99 CAD. It was a no brainer really.

So now that I'm part of the fam, what can I expect from my new little buddy? To those who have owned it/did own it, what are the pros and cons of the weapon? What are its limits? I intend to go after sandhill crane, but is it capable of taking down a moose? Sort of new to the sport/lifestyle of hunting. Any and all answers are welcome and appreciated. Thank you

PS I almost forgot, how do I get in on the Excalibur sweepstakes for the Polaris ATV? Is it possible for me to enter that contest despite not having bought a Twinstrike?
.....I have a GRZ2.....it is such a nice bow to shoot.....curious how your trigger is?......with mine, it sounded like I was grating cheese before it went off!.....sent it in to a well known member and now it is "purfect!".....although, the sound of cheese made me hungry! :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
crossbownewb440

Post by crossbownewb440 »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 am
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your new bow! I do have to say though that inflation will cost much more in the end, glad you think you are saving money.
Thank you. And I'm not a proponent of inflation, it just happened to work out for me this time, me thinks. That GRZ2 is probably going to be $660-$700 CAD once Cabela's sells their remaining inventory and orders new stock in.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome to the forum
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There are times that we have no control how things go, and this is one of those times. I have heard good things about that model, and almost bought one, got a crank instead and kept my Axe. Looking forward to some pics. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!