Charger ext

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Toyotun04

Charger ext

Post by Toyotun04 »

Well my charger ext broke today. It will still cock the bow, but it no longer retracts automatically. It was after hours when I called excalibur, so I'll try them tommorow. I don't know if the ext falls under the warranty with the bow or not. We'll see tommorow.
Excalibur micro suppresser 400td, 16.5 inch zombie slayers, slik trik 150 gr. crossbow broadheads
gerald strine

Re: Charger ext

Post by gerald strine »

Good luck.
I bet they fix you up.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

They have some the best customer service I've ever seen. I really don't doubt they will take care of it.
Excalibur micro suppresser 400td, 16.5 inch zombie slayers, slik trik 150 gr. crossbow broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hopefully you will get it fixed under warranty.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Sounds like the internal spring broke or disconnected. The crank has its own warranty separate from the bow. They'll take care of you.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Mine did the same thing. I sent it to Port Huron. Took about a week from the time I shipped till it was returned.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

I know the clock springs break by themselves but you have to be careful not to turn the handle backwards. Danny was telling me that if you access the clockspring and it is broken where it is anchored, you can take a pair of pliers and bend the end to put back and get back in business. Personally, I think the auto retraction is largely unnecessary.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

Called excalibur this morning and got a RMA number, going to ship tommorow. My work schedule is going to be hectic this week as far as having much time to hunt, so I'll just send it in and get it looked at.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Awesome!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….glad to hear this….I have the same issue w one of my EXT’s….it does not automatically retract….personally, I DO like this feature as it makes the docking of the hooks that much easier and cleaner….all, in all, this charger was well thought out and well worth the money for it….

I will be calling Excalibur and hopefully will get an RMA also….
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Toyotun04

Post by Toyotun04 »

I shipped it Friday morning. Excalibur said the ext has a 5 year warranty. I like it to auto retract also.
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:19 am
….glad to hear this….I have the same issue w one of my EXT’s….it does not automatically retract….personally, I DO like this feature as it makes the docking of the hooks that much easier and cleaner….all, in all, this charger was well thought out and well worth the money for it….

When I said largely unnecessary, what I meant was that if the charger no longer retracts, it still works 100%. The spring retraction is slick no doubt but unnecessary for its function.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:14 pm
amythntr wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:19 am

When I said largely unnecessary, what I meant was that if the charger no longer retracts, it still works 100%. The spring retraction is slick no doubt but unnecessary for its function.
....you're absolutely correct, buddy....that is the reason why I have yet to do anything about getting it fixed, as it STILL WORKS! :wink:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings