Trailblazer Innerloc 150 grain quick review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Trailblazer Innerloc 150 grain quick review

Post by XB I GO »

First of all, these blades are nowhere near sharp out of the package. You could barely cut your finger and certainly not paper. Out of the package we shot two deer and a hog. Not a huge sample, but all the cuts were jagged rips. On animals, one blade looked serrated upon recovery and on another one a blade broke off entirely. I took the blades off the used broadheads and all the new ones and used my Stay Sharp. It took about a half hour per blade to get them shaving sharp. They are now like a scalpel. But, and hour and a half PER BROADHEAD is a lot of work when you paid $50 for 3 in the first place. The little tool that comes with them to take them apart is a joke. The metal rod bent on the first clip I tried to remove. I had to find a little nail that fit and use that. Then the little clips are ridiculous to re-install. You need to keep the ferrule from moving, use a long nose plier or something to hold the clip, a magnifier to see what you're doing and you still have to wiggle it in. A few times I got it in and when I move the blade to open and closed, the little clip popped back out. To take apart and sharpen 3 Trailblazers that I started after school it took around 6 hours! If Innerloc wants suggestions, the blades should be razor sharp out of the package so they are actually field ready out of the package. The little clips might be replaced with a screw of something a little bigger and easier to see and handle. The ferrules are strong and the used ones look great. The holes in the animals were very big. These have potential if they were a little more finished and easier to deal with. I'm going to try them again now that they are scary sharp.
gerald strine

Re: Trailblazer Innerloc 150 grain quick review

Post by gerald strine »

On the 340 ditch the dull mechanicals and shoot these 150 gr Slick tricks Xbow tricks.
They come sharp and have replaceable blades after a harvest, I have gotten nothing but pass throughs and dozens of dead critters out of my 350 and 340 FPS rated bows on aluminum shafts.
I do not worry what the speed is as long as the bow is shooting good.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/2847295574?pid=295574&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Archery+-+Broadheads+and+Points&utm_content=295574&cm_mmc=pf_ci_bing-_-Archery+-+Broadheads+and+Points-_-Slick+Trick+Broadheads-_-295574&msclkid=156c6396534515ab92fb022aa34c2c94&utm_term=4584688612696543
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

$50 and 6 hours to get them sharp is crazy! I won’t pay that for bh’s. I’ve had been buying the slick trick 100 gr at Wally for $15 on clearance.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I wish I had had the benefit of your review before I bought a half dozen of the trailblazer. I don’t recall them being dull, but I haven’t examined them closely.

If you have any that are unused and obviously dull, I’d photograph them and send a report to Excalibur. Even if you didn’t buy them with an Excalibur label, I’ll bet Excalibur would want to know about the problem.

If you got defective product like that, there is a quality control problem, and the next batch might get an Excalibur label on it.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I don't think they're defective. You can see the machine marks all over them. That's just what they call "sharp". I see plenty of BH's and even knives that are sharpened but not razor shaving sharp and that is what you need for hunting....