The Texas Hog Blocker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

The Texas Hog Blocker

Post by AJ01 »

Okay, as everyone knows, we have HOGS in Texas. If you set out a mineral block or a protein block the blasted things will eat them faster than you can back to your truck!! :lol:

Recently I found a device that works to stop hogs from feeding on your mineral/protein blocks pretty stinking well!!
The thing is called "The Texas Hog Blocker". you can find them at Texashogblocker.com or even on eBay. These are made in Texas and have a patent number.
They are quite clever and extremely easy to use!! :thumbup:

Simply drive a T-Post into the ground, back off the wing nut screw, slide the plate down on the T-Post to the desired height and then tighten the screw.
You will have to drill a hole thru the mineral/protein block to mount it down over the T-Post. I recommend an 1.5 inch paddle bit!! And I know it's probably self-explanatory, but the flat part goes up, and you set the block on that. :eusa-think:

And now people go..."What about Coons"? Well, a little product we have used for years on legs of our tripod feeders is called "Tanglefoot"!! It's actually a product used to protect fruit trees from insects. You will NOT believe how stinking sticky this stuff is!!! :shock: We put it about 3 foot up the post/legs and the minute the Coons hit it, the climbing is OVER!! :wtf: :eusa-dance: :mrgreen: :lol:

But like I said, this stuff is SUPER STICKY!!!! It will drive YOU nuts if you get it on your hands!! :lol: We have watched videos of the Coons looking at their paws going " what the #@&%* is this %^$#"!! :lol: :lol:
We have laughed ourselves silly watching the Coons have a fit over this stuff on their paws!!

Well...I hope someone found this a little useful. If you have Hogs or Coons and want to stop them, these items work. Hope you enjoy!!

From the PIney Woods of East Texas!
The Old Cranky Redneck,
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Re: The Texas Hog Blocker

Post by AJ01 »

Here's the link to a Youtube Video on this item.
https://youtu.be/EsMcSXFP0FA

Thanks
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ok so Hog newbie question. We have wild pigs here but they are not the same as you have down there. So I know next to nothing about them.

How high up a T post do you put it? Or what's the sweet spot that a a deer can get it but a hog can't?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Actually, I personally would NOT mount it where the bottom of the block was lower than 40-42 inches.

And I am NOT associated with this product whatsoever, I'm just a fan of it!! :lol:
I thought it was a very bright idea to combat not only Hogs but Trash Pandas too!! :thumbup:
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

I have used tanglefoot for years (learned about it from my dad and his fruit trees)
I have adapted its use for coons and squirrels that like to eat deer feed. My main use for it is to trap deer flies during their season when mowing my fields. I mount a grade stake on my tractor then staple a “royal blue” plastic drinking cup to the top of the stake. Deer flies are attracted to the blue cups which are smeared with tanglefoot…I rarely get bitten anymore but my cup “runneth over” with the flies stuck to them. 😂
It’s fun watching them fly into the tanglefoot while mowing…
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

That's big game here in Carolina AJ... :wtf: :wtf: :lol: :lol:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

OMG it's the elusive TRASH PANDA!!! :eusa-doh: :lol:

Have you contacted Pope and Young yet to see if this one qualifies? :lol: ????
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:28 am

I tried to have him scored AJ... but I was disqualified for wearing camo that didn't match during the harvest. Who knew... :eusa-think: :wtf:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flinthead wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:41 am
AJ01 wrote:

I tried to have him scored AJ... but I was disqualified for wearing camo that didn't match during the harvest. Who knew... :eusa-think: :wtf:
I have tried my best to inform everyone that when stalking the elusive Trash Panda, the rules are as follows..." All Camo MUST meet or exceed the guidelines set forth by Gucci. ( NO CLASHING ALLOWED!! :eusa-naughty: ) Non-conforming articles of clothing WILL BE grounds for immediate dismissal of all entries" Also one must not wear a "Lone Ranger Mask" or douse themselves with Tuna Oil in order to "lure" in the said Trash Panda. :eusa-snooty:

It is permissible to hunt, harvest, execute, blast, stick or stab said Trash Panda at ANY Deer Feeder or Feed Station. Failure to harvest said Trash Panda at such a location will be immediate grounds for locking and/or restraining said offender OUT of the Beer Cooler located on said premises!!! :shock: :wtf: :lol:
Board members will have to vote in a "double secret blind tally" vote in order to restore the offenders right to the cooler!! :thumbdown: :thumbup:
However...said offender may have his or her rights restored by suppling at least one case of approved "adult beverage" to the community's cooler.
(See list of approved beverages). Or contact me and I'll tell ya what to bring!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by AJ01 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:21 am
flinthead wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

I have tried my best to inform everyone that when stalking the elusive Trash Panda, the rules are as follows..." All Camo MUST meet or exceeding the guidelines set forth by Gucci. ( NO CLASHING ALLOWED!! :eusa-naughty: ) Non-conforming articles of clothing WILL BE grounds for immediate dismissal of all entries" Also one must not wear a "Lone Ranger Mask" or douse themselves with Tuna Oil in order to "lure" in the said Trash Panda. :eusa-snooty:

It is permissible to hunt, harvest, execute, blast, stick or stab said Trash Panda at ANY Deer Feeder or Feed Station. Failure to harvest said Trash Panda at such a location will be immediate grounds for locking and/or restraining said offender OUT of the Beer Cooler located on said premises!!! :shock: :wtf: :lol:
Board members will have to vote in a "double secret blind tally" vote in order to restore the offenders right to the cooler!! :thumbdown: :thumbup:
However...said offender may have his or her rights restored by suppling at least one case of approved "adult beverage" to the community's cooler.
(See list of approved beverages). Or contact me and I'll tell ya what to bring!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

flinthead wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything... But since you brought it up... :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

janesy wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:01 pm
flinthead wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything... But since you brought it up... :lol:
It’s currently under appeal… I won’t rest until this matter is rectified!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads