deer tick virus

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

artifact

deer tick virus

Post by artifact »

Was just reading an article about another tick born disease that is showing up in PA, deer tick virus or DTV. Now it's not just Lyme disease to worry about and just a reminder to take precautions and try to prevent getting bit by a tick to begin with, It's been discussed on here many times, permethrin is one of the best defenses against ticks, maybe it's time for anyone not using it to start treating their clothing with it, just saying!
AJ01

Re: deer tick virus

Post by AJ01 »

Best stuff I have found yet... :thumbup:

Not only for ticks but all those pesky critters that "bug" hunters!! :eusa-doh: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't help myself!! :eusa-dance:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

We have some ticks in our area and I've picked up a tick twice on my property. Now I spray my pants and hat/cap as well as make and use tick tubes. Works great! Come to think about it, I spray my fruit and but trees with permethrin too!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It is great stuff for certain. I buy Elimitick clothing from Game Hide, and it also keeps the skeeters away. I will not go in the woods without it!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
artifact

Post by artifact »

I just mentioned permethrin because it's what I use, look up "deer tick virus", from what I'm reading it sure sounds like something you do not want to end up with, any precaution to try to prevent getting any of the diseases those little critters carry is better than doing nothing at all.