electric pole saw

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

electric pole saw

Post by grouse »

My wife is on a girl's trip to Nashville this week so the dogs and I headed to the farm to spend a couple of days there. Our archery season opens on Sept. 15, so it was time to get deer stands ready. After installing the seats, pipe insulation on the shooting rails and (then) a camo tarp that hangs down past the stand's floor over the shooting rails, it was time to work on shooting lanes. With rotating seats and 360 degree shooting rails, there's a lot of shooting lane work to do.

This year I had a brand new battery powered 10" chainsaw on a pole that extends to 8". It's a little top heavy and awkward to handle, but it really made clearing shooting lanes faster and easier than ever. I easily brought down 5 and 5 inch limbs that were 12 feet up. You have to be careful and know where the limbs are going to fall, but I was really impressed with what it could do. I cleared lanes for two stands without re-charging the battery. If you have ever thought about getting one, I'd reccommend it.
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Re: electric pole saw

Post by xcaliber »

I love mine! Didn't spend a lot on the Ryobi I bought, and it has a great amount of reach. For us older guys, it's the Cadillac of lane clearing tools. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'm an the same page you are :thumbup: .

For retirement I bought myself a 10' Stihl pole saw and ask and kick myself because I didn't buy one earlier :eusa-doh:

We had a neighborhood clean up a few weeks back after a tornado and the Stihl was the Hero on the block helping clean things up.

In the electric battery mini chainsaw category one can't beat the MILWAUKEE HATCHET at 4 pounds.
2 of my neighbors bought this one after seeing and using my mini Hatchet saw .
I can cut a cord of 4"- 7" logs on one battery 4.0 charge.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a small lightweight battery operated mini chainsaw that won't disappoint.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Safety-Solutions/Emissions/2527-20
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I have a Lowes, Kobalt 12 ft. reach electric 40 amp
and i love it, i even bought an extra battery which was
money wasted because i never need it, sure does make
trimming shooting lanes easier.
Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:37 pm
I'm an the same page you are :thumbup: .

For retirement I bought myself a 10' Stihl pole saw and ask and kick myself because I didn't buy one earlier :eusa-doh:

We had a neighborhood clean up a few weeks back after a tornado and the Stihl was the Hero on the block helping clean things up.

In the electric battery mini chainsaw category one can't beat the MILWAUKEE HATCHET at 4 pounds.
2 of my neighbors bought this one after seeing and using my mini Hatchet saw .
I can cut a cord of 4"- 7" logs on one battery 4.0 charge.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a small lightweight battery operated mini chainsaw that won't disappoint.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Safety-Solutions/Emissions/2527-20
I second that little devil. I keep mine in my truck and use it all the time. I credit it for shaving hours off a Bear recovery in 2021. Being able to quickly clear a trail ina nd out is simply priceless.

I have since picked up an M18 Milwaukee combi trimmer and am about to get the chainsaw end for it for upcoming seasons
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Normous wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:37 pm
I got a set of Dewalt tools last Christmas, then added the pole saw for my birthday back in the spring. This one doesn't have as much reach as I would like, but boy does it make the job easier. I kept thinking the same thing. What took me so long to find this? :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

It’s funny how much I use mine after buying it. Always finding a use for it around the house. Being able to trim tree limbs that I can reach saves me the expense of hiring the professionals.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I wanted a pole saw a couple years ago but didn’t want to spend the money for a Stihl or Husky, so I decided to try a Bauer 20 volt cordless pole saw from Harbor Freight. I’ll be honest and say I don’t have a high opinion of HF tools, but wow, the pole saw is great. I like it so much I bought a Bauer cordless drill that uses the same batteries. :thumbup:
grouse

Post by grouse »

retrieverman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:32 am
I wanted a pole saw a couple years ago but didn’t want to spend the money for a Stihl or Husky, so I decided to try a Bauer 20 volt cordless pole saw from Harbor Freight. I’ll be honest and say I don’t have a high opinion of HF tools, but wow, the pole saw is great. I like it so much I bought a Bauer cordless drill that uses the same batteries. :thumbup:
I have a Stihl chainsaw and Milwaukee power tools but decided to go cheaper also on my pole saw. I bought a Litheli on Amazon. After just two uses now, I'm really impressed and (like other comments on this thread) I wish I'd bought one a long time ago.
axiom
350 SE