Ticker Test Today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Ticker Test Today

Post by Species8472 »

Gave the old ticker a stress test today that i think would satisfy most cardiologists for a guy pushing 60. I'll preface this by saying that my loader is currently in the shop waiting on back ordered parts and normally using it would make this a whole lot easier.

Took down a huge poplar that was posing a driveway threat come winter. Don't typically burn that much poplar as it burns fast but always like to have some on hand for bonfires and for starting the woodstove as it catches fast and easy.

Took out 40x 16 inch long rounds varying in diameter from 16 to 20 inches. Those rounds are nasty heavy lifting into the box of the truck.

Timber!

Bar on the saw is 16 inches for scale.

Much easier to deal with now than when there is 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Rounds heading to the splitter (not happening this weekend)

After the fact check on my lengths cut by eye.

Start to finish was 4.5 hours.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
AJ01

Re: Ticker Test Today

Post by AJ01 »

Well....I see I wasn't the only one doing some "wood working" these past few days!! :lol: :lol:
I feel your back pain!! :roll:
It's been a mixture of Oak and Hackberry down here. Hackberry burns clean, no smoke and has little ash residue, plus decent heat. I do prefer Oak however!
Looking at the Poplar, I'd kin it to Hackberry.
As of this afternoon, (9/9/22) there is now 4 cords stacked. 75% of its Red Oak.
I still have about 30 rounds of Oak that need splitting. Thank God for hydraulics!! :lol:
It's amazing how the boys disappear at firewood time!! :eusa-think:

Be careful.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Re: Ticker Test Today

Post by DuckHunt »

I bet that was a good workout. Countless opportunities for scrapes, bruises and smashed digits.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: