The inevitable 2023 thread

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelsquad

Re: The inevitable 2023 thread

Post by wheelsquad »

DuckHunt wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:47 pm
I know a few that would like to see an optic that will give you 4x or better magnification at ~300fps. Of all of the scopes I've seen, if it supports 300fps or slower it will be at the very bottom of the magnification scale. You've got to have some serious speed (>350) to get the magnification up to a more useful range.

If you put a quality string and some dampeners on a 340 series bow and shoot a heavier arrow, you can easily find yourself in the 300fps neighborhood. While that may be all the speed you need, today that limits you to lower magnification on the scopes I've seen.

When you're trying to count antler points or confirm if a deer is a doe or small buck, it sure would be nice to be able to do that through your scope. 2x doesn't help much. My rangefinder is 6x, but doesn't gather light like a scope. Something in the 6x range at hunting speed would be ideal to me. I'm not worried about field of view, because I'm not shooting moving targets.

Perhaps a reticle that starts as 4x or 6x at 300fps and goes up from there to whatever speed they desire. I know putting a fixed 18x on my Exomax highlighted just how accurate one can be at 40 yards. It's a lot easier to hit a roofing tack at 40 yards when you can see it.
I too have disliked my scopes being at minimum magnification setting for my real world 300 fps setups.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm
As said before our favorite company really doesn't have to compete with the "space bow scene" just possibly post articles on youtube TV. Magazine featuring real people who have had the same excalibur bow for 10,15 even 20 years..few people are shooting a 15 year old wheeled bow it just isn't happening.
Most "normal " outdoor people are just searching for a reliable product they can trust you don't see people re inventing the buck knife......never mind l like my outdoor edge...bad example lol.
But you know what I mean
Maby a story of how dad's excalibur was handed down to a son or new hunting person and it scored.
I just would like to see some newer variants as the previous posters have added.
That would actually be quite the marketing, if executed properly.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:28 pm
DuckHunt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:57 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:27 pm
I think a Matrix 355 rebirth would be awesome with the improvements Excalibur has made since those were in production. :eusa-popcorn:
Now you're talking. A Matrix with high output express limbs. :shock: They'd likely be stout so you could shorten the draw length and still hit the 350-355 range. Less string angle on the latches, therefore less string wear. Make it in full camo like the Matrix LE/SE and include the latest trigger/ADF. Make it in some of the alternate camo patterns previously mentioned. How about some Mossy Oak Bottomland?

Now that you mention it, I'd love to see a version with iron sights again like my Exomax came. Some plan to put a different brand of scope atop their Excalibur, so you may be able to lower the prices a bit if a version without a scope was an option. I doubt they'd sell a bare bow option (Bow w/string, nothing else). I've got plenty of stock accessories (arrows, scopes) collecting dust already. It's a shame to keep adding to the pile.
I like it :thumbup:
Norm, how about a whole series of Micro bows with the HO limbs? I believe that would be a great platform.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I like the thought and feel of a Mag Air HO.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:23 am
I like the thought and feel of a Mag Air HO.
They use the Mag riser. Should be an easy fit.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

DuckHunt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:57 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:27 pm
I think a Matrix 355 rebirth would be awesome with the improvements Excalibur has made since those were in production. :eusa-popcorn:
Now you're talking. A Matrix with high output express limbs. :shock: They'd likely be stout so you could shorten the draw length and still hit the 350-355 range. Less string angle on the latches, therefore less string wear. Make it in full camo like the Matrix LE/SE and include the latest trigger/ADF. Make it in some of the alternate camo patterns previously mentioned. How about some Mossy Oak Bottomland?.
This would be incredible. I think you hit the nail on the head with what they should come out with
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yep...it took forever for the mag air..I hope I live long enough.
I love bottomland camo!!!! Maby cause I'm a bottom feeder!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.