Cocking the Big Bad Exo-Max

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Book

Cocking the Big Bad Exo-Max

Post by Book »

I have a 185 lb Exo-Mag that I cock by hand. How hard is it to cock the 220 lb bows, can they be cocked without the cocking ropes? Thanks Book
TYE

Post by TYE »

Maybe if you're superman.... hehe I think it would be kinda hard on the fingers.

I have a Pheonix, and it's not too hard. Just gets sore on the hands and fingers after doing it over and over again while practicing.
fletch

Post by fletch »

It can be done but not many times. I can cock my about twice in a row and then it starts to get tough but the cocking aid is a must for accuracy and /or multiple shots at targets. It lines the string perfect everytime no need to check that the string is even. It is a must IMHO. :wink:
Evan

Post by Evan »

I only use the rope cocking aid - even with my Vixen Lite, which I can cock by hand with no problem - for string alignment consistency.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

fletch wrote:It can be done but not many times. I can cock my about twice in a row and then it starts to get tough but the cocking aid is a must for accuracy and /or multiple shots at targets. It lines the string perfect everytime no need to check that the string is even. It is a must IMHO. :wink:
I agree. I can cock mine once or twice by hand but only if I'm wearing gloves.
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I have heard from a buddy, that the weight isn't an issue if your strong/tall enough. He noticed alot more finger pinch when drawing the string those few inch...............I personally haven't tried it, nor would I even think about it. Unless it was life or death!