tagging questions???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chessy

tagging questions???

Post by chessy »

well I have been a bit of a --- on another site .. guy posted pictures with a bear that had (from my look at the picture ) no tag on it i asked him if he knew that no tag on it (looking out for his well being ) .. I had a friend that got charged cause he took pictures of fish and got nailed for being over his limit (he had a big mouth to ) what I would like to know from this side of the hunting fraternity.. do you take pictures with tag in or out ... also that being said do you know that you can be charged for not tagging animal right away.... ok boys fess up who as technically broke the law .and do you think it is a stupid law ???
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I have never hunted bear, but the deer I have shot have ALL been tagged right where they have fallen. Tagging them is the first thing I do, and the photos of the deer I have shot,(3 Bucks) Have the tag on the rack.. If I did hunt bear and was successful, putting the tag would be the first thing I would be doing to that bear,,and no I don't think it is a stupid law, .........
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

If a camera is on hand I will take a picture or two prior to tagging. If there is no camera the tag is on immediately after insuring the animal is dead.

It is a necessary law, but a minute or two without a tag?? No different than if you had to track your deer/bear over an extended period of time.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Best to keep things legit, just in case the picture gets around. Once it's on the net, and can circle the globe in days.......................So just tag your animal right away, and you'll have nothing to worry about.
Deergetter

Post by Deergetter »

Ok I'm guilty!! Around here if I got Tags I might kill two or three before I go tag them.Just set tight wait until they stop running by.This is on Deer.

Deergetter
TYE

Post by TYE »

I put the tags on my deer as soon as I get to them after shooting them. When I take a picture of the deer, I don't intentionally try to have the tag in the picture though.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

If you have your camera with you take some pictures the way that most honors the animal then tag. If no camera on hand you best tag it. Do I think the idea of tags is stupid? NO. Do I think think the way tags ect. are being handled these days is stupid? You got three guess and the first two don,t count :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

How do you know it wasnt tagged.....is there a picture of the rear end?

Theres more than one spot to tag a bear!
-Richard-