Gator Hunt Revisited...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Gator Hunt Revisited...

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi all!

Well, it's been a little nuts around here at Excalibur the last few months and I have had little time to post anything here on the forum. Some of you may remember that Rob (the other Excalibur marketing dude) and I went to Florida and did some Alligator hunting using of course an Excalibur crossbow. During this hunt we had a camera crew along filming this exciting hunt. Here are a few pictures I thought you may enjoy that come right from his digital video camera that shot the show. Really good shots of Gators in action!

BTW, if you want to try alligator hunting you should contact TNT Gators, they were excellent guides and sure got the job done for us! Tate & Tiger really know a lot about hunting Alligators and made our job pretty easy. We are definately going to give this another try and find that big'n! They got a really good website check it out at:

http://www.tntgators.com/index.htm

Here's the pictures:

Happy Hunting!

Peter
wabi

Post by wabi »

Peter,
Good pics!
I've shot fish, frogs, turtles, and even a snake with a (longbow) bow fishing outfit, but I'd want plenty of help along before I stuck an arrow into one of those! The snake was a reaction without thinking when he suddenly appeard in front of me at night. About a 6' water snake, and getting him off the fish arrow was real interesting there for a while. :lol:
wabi
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

What do yo do with a 'gator?

Barbeque? Shoes? New purse for the wife?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

It was real exciting Wabi, I would go again in a minute. Gators are not large on brain capacity so they react on 100% instinct, very interesting critters. It's like hooking a real agressive fish with big teeth!

Hi5 you can do all kinds of stuff with gators, they are awesome to eat and taste like...well, chicken! The meat is very tender and not chewy at all, I wish I could have figured out how to bring some back to Canada with me. The largest one I shot which was about 7' is being tanned and mounted as we speak. My wife is less than impressed and looks like the poor guy is destin to live in my office which is fine by me. Should be pretty cool looking when I get it back. The skin tanned is really soft and I guess that is why they make shoes and stuff out of them. I'll post picture of the mount when I get it.

Well, I'm off to Ottawa to do a bunch of deer hunting with my buddy this weekend...I'm hoping that rut is in full swing and I see a nice one!

Have a great weekend!

Peter
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Looks like fun. They are good eating to eh? When ever I am down in New Orleans I try and have at least one meal of gator. ( taste like chicken! :lol: )