Trail camera issues resolved - we got deer!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DyHard

Post by DyHard »

grizzled47 wrote Where abouts in Guelph do you come from, and where were the pics taken!
I live over by exhibition park I can hear the Guelph Royals MC during game nights without leaving my backyard.

Pictures are in WMU 84.
ecoaster wrote What camera are you using???
Stealth Cam 35mm using kodac 400 speed film.

DyHard
DyHard

Post by DyHard »

NewGuy wrote Great pics, if ya need a hand let me know
I'll keep that in mind NewGuy thanks

DyHard
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool pic's .... I just got a Stealth cam ... Just put it out .... using 800 film .

What settings were you running with those photo's ? ( mine is set on default 1 min and 2 picture increments .... )

What problems did you have when you 1st set it up ? ( I had mine at 4 feet but no pic's ? ) I just moved it to another location and put it at 3 feet .

Another question .... I read thru the manual but it wasn't clear on how you tell how many pictures have been taken ? .... it just says something about counting events up to 99 after the film is finished then going into sleep mode ?

How long have your batteries lasted so far ?

Sorry about all the questions .... just getting into it ...

Thnaks in advance for your support .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Good batteries last quite a while R.J., I use the 800 speed and get super pics. I have mine at 3 1/2 to 4ft up and angled down around 10deg.

I have mine set at 1 min and one shot at a time. The event counter keeps showing events(critter's) that still set the cam off even though the cam has rewinded the flim. You should also have a low battery light and it works just fine. Have Fun.... :D

To see how many pics it has taken, open cam set to test and then check the counter. Do not turn off or it will start at 0 again.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks Gary . Where is the event counter located ? ( sorry my camera is in the bush ) .

How did you get the 10 degree down angle ? Did you just wedge a stick or something behind it ?

I picked up a camera when we did our trip to Cabela's .... they were on sale for $59 USD . We had a good guy at the boarder he didn't ask us to pay duty !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
DyHard

Post by DyHard »

R.J.
2 shots per event every 5 min.

We found anything 4 ft and lower we were getting alot of grass as the fields warmed up, now it's up about 5 ft angled down.

Had to stay away from east and west directions as we were getting false exposures due to sun angle.

After 12 or 24 depending on what roll of film your using everything else is an event.

Batteries have been in over a month, mind you it has not been all that cold yet.

Cheers DyHard
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks guys
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

R.J. I cut a wedge from a piece of 2X4 and used double stick tape to hold it on the back of the cam.

The event counter is on the front of the cam in the LCD window If yours is like mine.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!